• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lance_M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    indianapolis
    Hey guys, I'm new to handguns, and just recently bought my first gun. I've lived in indy all my life but haven't been to any ranges around here. I've only fired some rounds out in the woods in the southern part of the state and now that I own my own, i would really like to learn my weapon as best as i can. Where would you recommend shooting and how often do you all get out to your preferred range?

Lance_M

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    indianapolis
    It has always been an interest of mine, I'm just glad i can join the many gun owners we have here in Indiana. Great place for sure.

Last edited:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I shoot as often as I can...another reason I got into reloading. Check out Marion County Fish and Game. We have a great range and most all people I've met have been very helpful. Range is out to 100 yds and also have trap shooting as well as the Friday Night Steel shoots. Check out the web site and maybe stop by a monthly meeting.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

I like to head out to the DNR range just outside of New Castle, Wilber Wright. Check the DNR site because they have some wierd hours, like closed on Mondays, but I like the range fee --- FREE!!!! Only 25 and 50 yards plus a shotgun area, but --- FREE!!!

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    :welcome: glad you're here at INGO. Since you're new to shooting, I'd recommend some training. Might as well start off not having to unlearn a bunch of bad habits :D

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Welcome to INGO. I help run the Thursday Trap Program at MCFG, if you want a tour of the range drop by on Thursday Nights between 6 -9PM and I'll give you a tour. You won't be able to shoot (unless it is Trap), but you'll get a good idea of the facilitates.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :welcome: to INGO

Congrats on your first handgun! What did ya get??
    I try to hit the range at least every other weekend. Start to have withdrawels if I go too long without some trigger time!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom