New to the forum, new to Indiana, new to gun ownership!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Welcome to INGO and more importantly, Indiana! :rockwoot:

Nothing against California personally, but if you want to be able to protect yourself and your family without worries, you moved to a great place.

Also, don't be alarmed to see this

and this

You'll discover this elsewhere as you browse INGO... but figured I'd spill the beans now while I'm thinking about it.
    Indiana is silent on method of carry, so if you do plan on getting your L(icense) T(o) C(arry) H(andgun), you may carry as you see fit.

Enjoy the heat and humidity!!!!!! :rockwoot:

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    Thanks - I already got it (came in the mail today!)

I only have a few long guns, but I was so excited to be in a state where having a handgun doesn't automatically mean I am a highly suspicious criminal type, I went ahead and got the permit before I even decided on a pistol.

I'm taking the NRA basic pistol course all day tomorrow, and one reason is to try out a number of different guns to see what feels best. Plus, if I'm going to have a pistol I want to be absolutely sure that I know both how to be safe and how to teach my kids about safety.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm taking the NRA basic pistol course all day tomorrow, and one reason is to try out a number of different guns to see what feels best. Plus, if I'm going to have a pistol I want to be absolutely sure that I know both how to be safe and how to teach my kids about safety.

Welcome to INGO. Sounds like you are taking the right path. Education and safety first. Get a feel for which handgun feels right rather than just buying based on someone else's recommendation. There are a number of ranges around Indy, so you will have a pretty good selection of sites for practice.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Thanks - I already got it (came in the mail today!)

Be sure to copy and laminate the license.

Choice of handguns is easy: 1911.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, and to answer an earlier question I have no idea where "Hoosier" comes from. I asked the people I work with and got 3 different answers (that I can't remember now) so I went online and found 3 or 4 more different answers.

My conclusion is that no one really seems to know where it comes from. That, or it's a Snipe Hunt kind of a thing for guys that just got here from California

Hoosier is:

1. Variation of the name Huzier, Samuel Huzier had a mill in Indiana and his employees were called "Huzier's men".

2. Southern term for backwoods or uncoth.

3. Corruption of "Who's there?"

4. All of the above, plus anything else you can make up especially the whole ear thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And so a bison can be a buffalo!

Uh huh and the General Assembly can call a horse an orange but that does not make it so.

You forget I know people in the Legislative Services Agency.:laugh:

Look, when you go to the Lafayette Brewing Company, do you order a Bison Burger or a Buffalo Burger? You order a Bison Burger.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's coffee and guns! That better not be Broad Ripple!:laugh:

opencarrystarbucks.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Uh huh and the General Assembly can call a horse an orange but that does not make it so.

You forget I know people in the Legislative Services Agency.:laugh:

Look, when you go to the Lafayette Brewing Company, do you order a Bison Burger or a Buffalo Burger? You order a Bison Burger.

1. Until they amend Title 1...

2. So pull some strings already? ;)

3. Buffalo burger. And strangely enough, they bring me one... :yesway:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hello everyone, we moved from California recently and we are loving Indiana. Great to find a thriving community like this as I start learning about gun ownership and being a Hoosier!
    Glad to have you! Too bad how California is being ran, it is a beautiful state. Welcome to the site.:rockwoot:

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Welcome to INGO and most importantly gun ownership! sounds to me you are headed off in a great direction! i too am in Indianapolis, if ya ever need help around or finding places to shoot, send me a PM and i'll do my best to help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom