• Buy New, Used, or Other

• Total voters

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Always an interesting topic. I like the idea of used but it all depends on the price spread. If close in price I will always go new for the factory warranty. Then of course there is the fun of searching out something no longer in production. As for the Glock too many used out there for close to what you can buy new. Stick with new.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    First, your poll is invalid because it doesn't offer BACON as an option.

But, I voted for used anyway.
    I am just a used gun fan, I guess because of the value.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I buy mostly used. I'm not worried about used as long as its maintained. Just be patient as others have said. There will be someone trying to sell a gun you like sooner or later. I wouldn't over spend on used Glock either. I'm not a Glock guy really, but they have a good enough reputation that 1k+ down the pipe wouldn't steer me away. Good luck!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I bought new. Never gonna sell it!

Details? Was it at your LGS for ~$600 or did you find a better deal? Have you taken it to the range yet? I've owned a G19 gen 3 since last April and have been going to the range with it every week for the last 3 months. Really like the gun a lot and hope you enjoy your gen 4!

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I have a friendly acquaintance with a guy in Hamilton County with his FFL. He sold it to me for $525, plus tax. My LGS sells in Noblesville the same gun for $650.
    I haven't picked it up yet, but its mine, it'll be my EDC, and never gonna sell it.
    wtburnette, that's some good practice you're making time for.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Pretty nice deal on a new G19 gen4, congrats! :)

Yeah, I have the G19, G34 and an M&P VTAC I take with me to the range every time I go. I find all three a lot of fun to shoot and I'm accurate with all three. Just trying to get more accurate....lol!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had Truglo TFO sights put on at the Indy 1500 and I really like them. Much better than the stock Glock sights IMO.

Thinking about getting Trijicon HD's for the Glock 34. It has an adjustable rear sight, so it's better than the standard Glock sights, but I'd like to see if the Trijicon's make a difference for me. The G34 is a LOT of fun to shoot and incredibly accurate. It also has very little recoil and has a 4.5lb trigger instead of the standard 5.5lb trigger like most Glocks, plus it feels smoother. All in all it's very nice and a lot of fun on the range.

Top Bottom