• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    More fodder for the liberals to seek a clamp down on individual gun sales... Investigation Finds 62% of Private Gun Sellers Don't Perform Background Checks - ABC News

Curious if anyone has actually purchased a gun directly from an individual on Gunbroker.com or similar online market. All the ads I read say that FFL rules are to be followed and guns will only be sent to FFL holders. Is Gunbroker.com and other online markets as bad as they suggest in the article?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In New York City I can believe that. They consider it a sale when one gang banger sells to another. Since the gang banger is a private seller, he isn't going to preform a background check. Of course the selling gang banger doesn't care if his buddy is a prohibited individual! :)

headling from article said:
    New York Probe Finds 62 Percent of Private Gun Sellers Sell to Prohibited Individuals

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    How would a private seller go about doing a background check? They are not required, at least in Indiana. I have no idea what the laws are anywhere else.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How would a private seller go about doing a background check? They are not required, at least in Indiana. I have no idea what the laws are anywhere else.

Go through an FFL. You take your gun to the FFL, sell it, the FFL then sells it to your buyer, and you both pay the FFL for his time in doing it, thereby increasing the price to the buyer, decreasing your profit, and creating a gun registry in the process.

This, of course, makes as much sense as not being able to sell a car except at a dealership or a hammer except at a hardware store, which is to say, none whatsoever.

Blessings,
    Bill

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    More fodder for the liberals to seek a clamp down on individual gun sales... Investigation Finds 62% of Private Gun Sellers Don't Perform Background Checks - ABC News

Curious if anyone has actually purchased a gun directly from an individual on Gunbroker.com or similar online market. All the ads I read say that FFL rules are to be followed and guns will only be sent to FFL holders. Is Gunbroker.com and other online markets as bad as they suggest in the article?

Just HOW is PRIVATE seller or individual supposed to do a BACKGROUND check on someone? This is asinine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just HOW is PRIVATE seller or individual supposed to do a BACKGROUND check on someone? This is asinine.

Read the post above yours. It would appear that is what Bloomberg (he is certainly behind this) is after. This is also the infamous "GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE". They do not want private individuals to be able to transact gun purchases. As Bill says, they can have a de facto gun registry system then if they outlaw these private transfers.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bloomberg is a liberal.
    Bloomberg sent people to states other than New York to try to break the law and they succeeded.
    In my experience, Liberals believe achieving their political goals is more important than obeying the law, behaving ethically, or telling the truth.
    Bloomberg's operatives violating state and federal laws to provide support for his efforts at changing gun laws supports my conclusion.
    Fish swim.
    Birds fly.
    Liberals lie.

joemich1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What would this solve? How many criminals go to a gun shop and try to buy a gun? These transaction take place behind closed doors, why would they think a criminal would follow the laws, they are criminals for a reason! The only good liberal is an aborted one!

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Take a look at Bloomberg's MAIG roster and the ridiculous number of felons on it. It's the prototypical case of the fox watching the chickens - typical elitist double standard crap we always see.

Top Bottom