Nice collection of vintage 22 rifles. Whats missing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If you're collecting classic .22's then a Savage 87A or 87B should be on the list, (minor changes between the 2). Known as the "clackity-clack" due the sound it makes when shooting, the bolt holds open until you release the trigger making the distinctive sound. It will shoot .22 lr in semi auto but you can manually cycle .22 short and longs then lock the bolt closed to fire.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you're collecting classic .22's then a Savage 87A or 87B should be on the list, (minor changes between the 2). Known as the "clackity-clack" due the sound it makes when shooting, the bolt holds open until you release the trigger making the distinctive sound. It will shoot .22 lr in semi auto but you can manually cycle .22 short and longs then lock the bolt closed to fire.

They were also called "gill rifles" because of the "vents" on the side of the receiver opposite the ejection port. I don't know if Savage made them all, but I have a High Standard "Sport King" version.

SrMc5Nu.jpg
    [/IMG]

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    They were also called "gill rifles" because of the "vents" on the side of the receiver opposite the ejection port. I don't know if Savage made them all, but I have a High Standard "Sport King" version.

SrMc5Nu.jpg
    [/IMG]

I have the High Standard Carbine version, complete with curved brass buttplate and brass trigger guard. Very cool rifles, and the action is 'unique'. Wish I could make the trigger better, because it's quite accurate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have the High Standard Carbine version, complete with curved brass buttplate and brass trigger guard. Very cool rifles, and the action is 'unique'. Wish I could make the trigger better, because it's quite accurate.

They are neat old guns. I've switched out the scope since I took the pic. I wanted something of about the same vintage, but that one sucked really bad! :): Now it's got an old Weaver K-4 on it.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton

Mine is pre WWII.Great squirrel gun

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I see you like bolts too so some I havnt seen mentioned

Remington nylon 76
    Remington model 37
    Remington 513t
    Winchester 1885 low wall or high wall winder musket
    BSA Martini International mk 1-3
    Remington 40X, XB, XC
    Marlin model 10, 20
    BRNO model 1, 2, and 581
    Remington 541X, T, & S

Let me wake up some more and I can probably think of a few more.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Thought of a few more

Remington model 12
    Winchester model 06, model 1873, model 90
    Marlin model 1897

Ill keep knocking the cobwebs off my brain and hopefully come up with a few more.

Top Bottom