• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So I was talking to a few guys at Tims Shooting Academy and they said that this is happening more and more. They explained that the process is: sending in the appeal, receive response with the all clear along with the UPIN. Hopefully it’s that simple and quick.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics-what-to-expect-the-appeal-process-jan-2017.pdf/view I looked into this when I my 15 minute further investigations turned into 3 day holds. Most people on the forums talking about going through the process were in the process for a while. Of course there are always exceptions and some people had cleared their denial and had a upin in a few months.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics-what-to-expect-the-appeal-process-jan-2017.pdf/view I looked into this when I my 15 minute further investigations turned into 3 day holds. Most people on the forums talking about going through the process were in the process for a while. Of course there are always exceptions and some people had cleared their denial and had a upin in a few months.
    I'm submitting my Voluntary Appeal File along with fingerprints tomorrow. Hopefully that will speed up the process. I've heard everything from a week long to a year long wait. I know that govt is not the most reliable, but daaammnnn this freaking blows. I feel like my rights are being violated.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    That’s a good indication that somebody with your same name or similar stole something in 1978 and you are getting blamed for it.
    Your prints are already in the system and you came back clean for your LTCH so hopefully it won’t be long.

I completed transfer at my local dealer recently he stated they have been updating the system about once a week.
    He has never had so many denials and holds people that he has know for 40 years and sold them several weapons are getting rejected. He is frustrated because it’s costing him money in lost sales.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Yup I’m frustrated too lol. Is there any chance that this would “sort itself out” and they’d catch the mistake? If I go back and attempt to purchase, say, next week it might go through?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yup I’m frustrated too lol. Is there any chance that this would “sort itself out” and they’d catch the mistake? If I go back and attempt to purchase, say, next week it might go through?

Not likely. You will have to sort this out. (which you already are)

.gov is fast to screw up and seldom self corrects.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm submitting my Voluntary Appeal File along with fingerprints tomorrow. Hopefully that will speed up the process. I've heard everything from a week long to a year long wait. I know that govt is not the most reliable, but daaammnnn this freaking blows. I feel like my rights are being violated.

No it's not. The more people work with the government, the more they hate it. You should talk to some vets. They tend to trust it less.

We also feel your rights are being violated.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I spoke with Guy Relford this morning about the situation. He was awesome! He walked me through what he would recommend me doing, and he even printed out and sent me some legal documents that he recommends sending in with my appeal. Awesome dude.

FrankC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I've been denied before. Now you just wait for them to send you a response. When I was denied I appealed to the FBI and was sent a letter explaining why I was denied along with a copy of my arrest record there were several arrests on there that never happened in places that I've been but never arrested there. Getting your record corrected is a major hassle involving lots of time money and lawyers.

FrankC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I'll admit I've been arrested before but never for anything more than a misdemeanor usually failure to appear or there was one disorderly conduct. Who is Guy Relford? Obviously an attorney but where and what kind of practice? I had an issue recently with my gun that was locked in my truck on school property, I hired an attorney that was recommended by the NRA he did a great job and got everything dropped!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll admit I've been arrested before but never for anything more than a misdemeanor usually failure to appear or there was one disorderly conduct. Who is Guy Relford? Obviously an attorney but where and what kind of practice? I had an issue recently with my gun that was locked in my truck on school property, I hired an attorney that was recommended by the NRA he did a great job and got everything dropped!

Tactical Firearms Training

The Gun Guy Show | 93.1 WIBC

https://www.facebook.com/relfordlaw

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom