• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    That sucks I would be frustrated to no end if I got delayed every time , I have never been delayed before today. I even purchased a lever gun from Point Blank in Carmel 3 weeks ago and had zero issues...boggles my mind as why I got delayed today. I am going to fill out the FBI VAF UPIN application next week and send it in, hopefully I won't have any issues after being issued a UPIN....hopefully

Good luck! Let me know how that works out for you.

Edit.... I do not buy at gun shows because I get delayed. I have walked away from some things I would have loved to have because of this.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I was delayed yesterday at Plainfield shooting supplies. He said they had a new system and have been getting quite a few delays lately. It took 30ish minutes for me. He said some took an hour. Ive never been delayed before

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I was delayed yesterday at Plainfield shooting supplies. He said they had a new system and have been getting quite a few delays lately. It took 30ish minutes for me. He said some took an hour. Ive never been delayed before

When you say that it took 30ish minutes, do you mean it was 30 minutes after the delay to get a proceed or it took 30 minutes after fillin out the 4473 to get a delay?

Thanks!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I feel your pain.

I also have a LTCH and a job that requires a background check. I have Utah and Arizona permits. My state license requires a Homeland security check.

I get a delay EVERY time....

I've seen guys in the military, top secret, doj employees all get delayed, it seams the higher security clearance you get, the more of a chance you'll get delayed

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This week has been rough...Many second looks and hours...I mean HOURS to get the second examiner to pick up....I have no idea what's going on but I know they were having issues with the new computer background check...I still call people in the old fashioned way..(I know you all are shocked by that admission coming from the geezer...)

Probably depends on how quickly Sarah can get you connected, don't it?

andy.jpg

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I bought a sport 2 a couple weeks ago and was out further review. 30 minutes later.. Proceed. Past few times I've been delayed.. And this is why I don't like registrations. I'm doing it the way you want and your making it difficult..

Top Bottom