• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I like Mike Pence. I like him a lot. I think he was effective in Congress, and represented Indiana very well. I like his demeanor - presiding over the Senate chamber when one half minus one fervently dislike him. I appreciated his walk down the Capitol steps after the Kavanaugh confirmation as the SJWs called for his head. I loved seeing him sit in the dignitary box at the Olympics and not acknowledge Kim's sister. He's been a solid conduit.

I was disappointed in his term as governor. Sometimes he got in his own way. I think Trump appeals to people in the same manner Reagan appealed to people. He finds a way to speak their language. GHWB, the last GOP VP to be elected, did not possess that ability. Mike Pence may possess that ability but it needs to be polished up a bit.

I do believe the 2024 field could be as deep as the 2016 primary.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why does there need to be a referendum on something that doesn't involve law, that it would seem (at least to me) that a governor should have complete authority on (i.e. the apprearance of capitol grounds)? You

Edit: and I see the flag was voted down by state legislators, in accordance with law, so that seems to about as legit as anything. If people are that upset about it vote the guys out.

This was three years ago, when every politician was scared :poop:less of being called racist. The state legislators could argue that there was no choice but to vote to remove the flag.

https://www.charlestoncitypaper.com...o-voted-against-removing-the-confederate-flag

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm kinda ok with every politician being at least a little scared of being called racist. And sexist. And elitist.

But not nihilist. They don't need to be scared of that IMHO.

In fact, that would get awkward.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just saying that Haley doesn't come without baggage. A run for office down the road will bring that and possibly more out.

Remember Indiana's darling Evan Bayh? He didn't hold up very well in his last election, when his past actions were exposed. Not everyone forgets the past...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm just saying that Haley doesn't come without baggage. A run for office down the road will bring that and possibly more out.

Remember Indiana's darling Evan Bayh? He didn't hold up very well in his last election, when his past actions were exposed. Not everyone forgets the past...

Sure, we expect leaders to lead, which can include getting out in front of issues. **coff**Pence and RFRA**coff**

On the flag thing, being anti-confederacy is going to play out just fine in a national election. Better than a southern state election, that's for sure. And if she's the Veep on the ticket, Pence would be more than enough to placate enough of those who are upset about it.

To your point, though, I wonder what isn't in the public domain. Going back to Mitch Daniels, his politics had absolutely nothing to do with his lack of motivation to run. No one really knows if Haley has anything similar.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hold up.

There's a report that Trump's floated Ivanka as UN Ambassador.

Oof.
    Yeah. He also floated his sister for SCOTUS. Probably every random thought that comes into his head is spewed unfiltered by reason.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Top Bottom