• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Now why would I light my arms on fire while taking a stroll in a nice park ?

Such a silly sign........and why would they put an image of a revolver on it ?

So many questions, so few answers.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I propose a new rule on INGO...

If you state something like you know for a fact it is law then back it up by citing something. At least the thread you learned it on. I mean what are we? A gun shop on the internet? No reason for us to spread bad info like that. Its TOO EASY to look this stuff up I mean you ARE already on a dang computer!

Last I checked they all got Google, right?

You have a computer ? Are you from the future ? :)::D

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    At the very least a phone call to whom ever operates the park is warrented to politely ask them to remove the signs. Perhaps they were just over looked. If they are short on volunteers maybe you could volunteer to do it for them (no purple implied).

If you do this and get to keep the signs (they won't need them any more), be sure to sell them in the classifieds as targets. You might start a bidding war :ingo: :ar15::ar15:

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At the very least a phone call to whom ever operates the park is warrented to politely ask them to remove the signs. Perhaps they were just over looked. If they are short on volunteers maybe you could volunteer to do it for them (no purple implied).

Excellent idea which I had not yet thought of. I may call next week and see what's the deal with the signs.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Don't worry about it.

nofirearms.jpg

You are not a FIREARM you are a human being. I would venture to say the sign is working because I have been there many times and never seen any firearms walking the trails. I didn't even know firearms could read but they must otherwise they would be there.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    i believe if the park is operated by DNR (not patrolled) then then can ban handguns. Last of my knowledge there wasnt any around that area.

Not so.

DNR struck their administrative rule against firearms on their properties (specifically state parks) several years ago

Yes and no, if the state park has a water way that is controlled by the US Army Corps of Engineers you may NOT carry on the water way, but may carry in the park.

Please contact Guy Relford, member name is Tactical Firearms Training, INGunOwners - View Profile: Tactical Firearms Training

So he may get the ball rolling on this and get it corrected asap, after all YOU are in fear of being unlawfully arrested while carrying on those trails right.?

P.S. Titanium, not going to quote code and chapter for you and I'm not Donnie Baker so you don't have to worry about me saying "It's State law man, they have to do it.":D

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I've carried multiple times in Moser while carrying and never noticed any signs. Are those on the Rivergreenway, or some other trail there? Maybe my subconscious mind blocked them from my perception.

I haven't been there since early fall, though. It would seem strange to put up new signs after that whole thing about carrying in parks went through.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Now why would I light my arms on fire while taking a stroll in a nice park ?

Such a silly sign........and why would they put an image of a revolver on it ?

So many questions, so few answers.

I love this too. I know who to call on when I get confused from now on.:rockwoot:

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    It looks like the section of the River Greenway that runs along N. River Road.....I live right by this, but haven't been down that section in awhile. I usually start at the boat launch on Lake/N. River and take the section that goes toward downtown FW.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    So..I'm out for a leisurely stroll the other day when I happen to see this sign along a walking trail in a city park. Along this trail I saw 5 of these signs (yes I counted lol). It made me :rolleyes: hardcore. Also, I happened to be carrying at the time too :):

nofirearms.jpg

Maybe it means you can only carry semi-automatics or rifles. :dunno:

Top Bottom