• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    More detailed the notice is, the more likely it is going to be seen as proper notice for Crim Tres.

I have not seen a CT prosecuted for a gun in 24 years. When I teach my CLE seminar for IPDC I always ask if anyone has had one. No one has raised his or her hand.

Teaching for NBI in Indy in June. I'll ask there as well.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Is the no firearms sign part of that contract then?

How about a sign that says "No blue hairs allowed', or "No INGO members allowed"?

Can I as a business owner pick and choose which law abiding citizens I choose to serve?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So why is is it in some states they will mask their anti 2nd sentiment yet in other states they are mute on the matter?

Because every though it is a multistate corporation, most ask their in state counsel what the dealie-o is with gun signs in each state.

Indiana has had Larry since 1935, decades before Florida and Texas became the first states in the union to have "concealed carry". Outside of Criminal Trespass, Indiana does not address the signs.

It's not been an issue since. If you don't leave when they want you to leave, it is Criminal Trespass. Everyone just shrugs and presses on here.

In essence, guns signs are nothing more than even more evidence of Kirk's First Law of the Internet: if it is the law in Texas, it is the law everywhere.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I would not. You do not have a right to be on someone's property because you wish to purchase something. That is a luxury they extend to you, and can revoke at any time. If you had a contractual interest, then your presence cannot be revoked in any way but by civil means. You'll have to ask the resident lawyers what they think.
    Unless you want a gay wedding cake.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Why would anyone patronize a business that clearly denies your Rights???? I don't care what State their in, or if they have signage at a given location, if one has No Firearms signs they get None of my Money. If your Pro 2A, Don't support Anti 2A businesses! :xmad::xmad::xmad:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shouldn't they be able to?

Yes, they should. However, the problem is the govt deems certain groups as protected classes, while others are not. Business owners should be able to serve those they choose and let the market sort it out (turn away enough folks and go out of business, etc) , but that is not how it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How about a sign that says "No blue hairs allowed', or "No INGO members allowed"?

Can I as a business owner pick and choose which law abiding citizens I choose to serve?

In a sane world, a business owner SHOULD be able to do that, and should not be shielded from the natural consequences of lost business. Are you saying the baker has to bake the cake?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In a sane world, a business owner SHOULD be able to do that, and should not be shielded from the natural consequences of lost business. Are you saying the baker has to bake the cake?
    This "sane world " you speak of, is it in a parallel universe or something? LOL

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana

I have mixed emotions about this. I believe no gun signs violate my rights. I also choose to not spend money where no gun signs are displayed.

I guess you could say I want my cake and to eat it too.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I was recently in an Indiana hospital in Carmel for a test. I walked in the front door and saw a great big sign that said no weapons allowed at this facility with a picture of a Beretta with a circle and line through it. To make matters worse, there was nobody, I mean nobody - no staff, no receptionist, no greeters, nobody in the lobby at the front reception desk in front of the elevators just steps from the no weapons sign. I guess if the shooters don’t kill you the doctors will have a crack at it. God save us!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's lots of good places to eat, it's a competitive business, if they don't want my money because I carry, somebody else does.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

What's the harm going to be to the firearms culture as banks and credit card companies start to restrict business with firearms consumers and companies?

The ability to deny business to a segment of the market is the ability to damage them financially, as I've pointed out repeatedly.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    What's the harm going to be to the firearms culture as banks and credit card companies start to restrict business with firearms consumers and companies?

The ability to deny business to a segment of the market is the ability to damage them financially, as I've pointed out repeatedly.

And for right now the intellectual "betters" have elected to focus on firearms consumers and companies; what happens when the next great idea for the "betterment" of the benighted, unwashed masses comes up?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree with that. The social discourse is challenging the limits of markets ability to self-correct. These uber large financial institutions aren’t going to revert just because a handful of “oppressed” gun owners boycott thier services. They have the power.

I’m not ready to say that businesses must be forced to do business with everyone. The boundaries of that are more untenable than what we have now. But. Maybe the answer is to find a way where the cost of political activism in business is too high to be sustainable. I don’t know how to do that. But maybe it would look something like augmenting the voice of the minority who are oppressed by activist business leaders. Gays Kinda did that with the bakers, but they had the press, many legislators, plus activist judges on their side. That makes it more of an authoritarian solution which is what a free republic should avoid.

Top Bottom