No guns allowed at Toby Keith's new restaurant!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He has a right to speak his mind. Haven't we had this discussion somewhere else in this forum?

I don't think anybody's disputing that. Just as he has the right to speak his mind, and set whatever rules he wants for his establishment, we have the the right to tell him to STFU and not spend our money there.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean we have to listen to him, or be polite in our disagreement.

I took a couple of minutes to read some of the comments on the Facebook page for the restaurant. It appears ole Toby has gained quite a few new customers...There's a bunch of folks that don't think you need a gun in a restaurant.

A lot of people thought that when they were eating in a Luby's in Killeen, Texas.

A lot of people thought that about a McDonald's in San Ysidro, CA.

A lot of people thought that about the Golden Dragon in San Francisco.

A lot of people thought that about Brown's Chicken and Pasta in Palatine, IL.

These are just the 4 that came to mind. I'd bet there have been a LOT more. But you try to tell those dumbasses about these things and they just argue with you.

edited to add a couple more...

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is this a decision of Toby, or did he just let his name be put on a restaurant, in exchange for money. Or maybe it is his, and someone else manages it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Toby-Keith-2010-300-01.jpg

Only for me and not for thee.

What a wiener.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't think anybody's disputing that. Just as he has the right to speak his mind, and set whatever rules he wants for his establishment, we have the the right to tell him to STFU and not spend our money there.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean we have to listen to him, or be polite in our disagreement.
    I agree with every word of this 100%. I just found it amusing that when A&E decided (before they reconsidered) to stop spending their money on that duck show, so many were up in arms here and they would advocate doing the same to this restaurant.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Is this a decision of Toby, or did he just let his name be put on a restaurant, in exchange for money. Or maybe it is his, and someone else manages it.

There is a Toby Keith named restaurant not far from me. He has nothing to do with it beyond his name being on it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep, he just making money. I'm sure INGO want him to give up his paycheck because it is contrary to their stance.

Can you point to anyone that actually said that?

Whenever I put my name on something in return for a paycheck, it behooves me to ensure that it meets my standards. This policy reflects on him because his name is attached to it. You can't put your name on something and then say you have nothing to do with it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can you point to anyone that actually said that?

Whenever I put my name on something in return for a paycheck, it behooves me to ensure that it meets my standards. This policy reflects on him because his name is attached to it. You can't put your name on something and then say you have nothing to do with it.

"What" exactly have you put your name on, that is represenative of all your values, or meets your standards? It's easy to pass judgement when it's not your money.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    "What" exactly have you put your name on, that is represenative of all your values, or meets your standards? It's easy to pass judgement when it's not your money.

I wouldnt sell my name to be used for a business that was not going to allow folks to carry their guns.

But who gives two :poop:'s about Toby? Did he ever make some big stand on firearms one way or another?

Top Bottom