No guns allowed at Toby Keith's new restaurant!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep, he just making money. I'm sure INGO want him to give up his paycheck because it is contrary to their stance.

I disagree. There are many that will choose to not fatten his paycheck by his or his business partners' 2A position. While I won't speak for everybody, I'm fine with him earning whatever he can legally solicit from anti-to-agnostic gun people. This is the great thing about how America is supposed to operate: he gets to set up a business as he sees fit, we get to comment and discuss his business with people we choose to assemble with, and let the chips fall where they may.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    "What" exactly have you put your name on, that is represenative of all your values, or meets your standards? It's easy to pass judgement when it's not your money.

Go ahead and pass on your money to Toby :spend: The Majority on this post will not support anybody that has anything to do with denying our rights.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wouldnt sell my name to be used for a business that was not going to allow folks to carry their guns.

But who gives two :poop:'s about Toby? Did he ever make some big stand on firearms one way or another?

I don't know you well enough to say what you'd do, but try to help me understand why, if someone offered you $250k, each year, to use your name at a place called "BunnyKid's Biscuits," that you would decline based on the decision to not allow firearms on the premise. And out of curiosity, would you be steadfast in your position if the business only prohibited long gun, or OC'ing.

Toby Keith is placing his name on some sort of anti-gun establishment, he's placing it on a restaurant. Geez.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I don't know you well enough to say what you'd do, but try to help me understand why, if someone offered you $250k, each year, to use your name at a place called "BunnyKid's Biscuits," that you would decline based on the decision to not allow firearms on the premise. And out of curiosity, would you be steadfast in your position if the business only prohibited long gun, or OC'ing.

Toby Keith isn't placing his name on some sort of anti-gun establishment, he's placing it on a restaurant. Geez.

FIFY

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Go ahead and pass on your money to Toby :spend: The Majority on this post will not support anybody that has anything to do with denying our rights.

A business doesn't deny rights unless it drags you into their establishment, and then forces you to disarm.

But since you did mention the "rights" thing, though erroneously, let's be outlandish. Are you saying that if a businesses asked a group of men to remove swastika armbands, during their routine Wednesday meetings, or not come at all, you'd stop going there because their "rights" were being violated?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Toby Keith is placing his name on some sort of anti-gun establishment, he's placing it on a restaurant. Geez.

Very good point. If I had the money he already has I would not allow my name to be put on a business, but I have to agree with ya that if someone offered me $250,000 now it would be a different story.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Very good point. If I had the money he already has I would not allow my name to be put on a business, but I have to agree with ya that if someone offered me $250,000 now it would be a different story.

Toby Keith is a celebrity, the money, I'm sure doesn't matter (especially if he's isnt taking the financial risk). He's as vain, I'm assuming, as any other celebrity, and having a chain of places named for you seems like quite the ego stroke.

And who says he even knew, as if that's a question that commonly comes up in business negotiations (which is hard for me to imagine).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And I'm sure he hasn't gone over every policy they have either.

If BunnyKid were famous for, I don't know - bunnies, and he sold his name to a restaurant, would he review all of their policies.

Bunny, I'm not picking on you in particular, I could have used anyone. If you (any of us) are doing something else and keeping busy, are you going to check all their policies, menu, cleanliness, compliance with regulations, fair treatment of employees, etc.?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And I'm sure he hasn't gone over every policy they have either.

If BunnyKid were famous for, I don't know - bunnies, and he sold his name to a restaurant, would he review all of their policies.

Bunny, I'm not picking on you in particular, I could have used anyone. If you (any of us) are doing something else and keeping busy, are you going to check all their policies, menu, cleanliness, compliance with regulations, fair treatment of employees, etc.?

+1, one other thing that I just now considered, are concert events. I can't think of a single venue that has a "firearms welcome" policy. Should pro-gun entertainers decline working in such places?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... but I have to agree with ya that if someone offered me $250,000 now it would be a different story.

Now that we've established what you are, we are just down to haggling on the price? :):
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are the Virginia signage laws similar to Indiana's?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Can we name it BK's House of Pancakes instead?

images

Top Bottom