• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    It is a safety issue! Go to Gander Mountain or any other gun shop and stand around the counter for about 30 minutes and watch the gun handling. The level of gun safety is very poor at best! Hell, most of the time (at Gander) the employees are "sweeping" the customers.

Of course, the customers handling the hanguns are "sweeping" themselves, employees, and other customers. It makes me real uncomfortable, got to leave most of the time when it is crowded.

Can you imagine, with out those signs, how many AD's there would be with the nemrods, with new permits (in state-IN-where they don't require any training prior to getting a carry permit). Heck, you'd have to wear kelvar into the gun shops or likely get popped!

Keep the signs up about unloading all guns in the stores so we don't have idiots weekly killing people, by accident! In addition, with more AD's or accidental shootings, gives more fodder for the anti-gun folks against concealed carry process!

Plus, as people brought in loaded guns to trade-in, you'd have the same gun store employees having to unload guns in a store situation, whereas they might not be familiar with all types of guns. The same folks mentioned above, sweeping people...no thanks!

It is a hassle to unload in the car, but we as a gun community need to do it to help keep everybody safe.

It is sad, but true!

You do realize that Gander Mountain allows carry, open or concealed, in their stores, right? It is even posted as you walk in. Where are the shootings due to negligence that you speak of?????

I'm 10 times more worried about getting shot in a parking lot of some store that thinks their customers should be handling loaded weapons in their cars.

I understand that the occasional I D 10 T may come in wanting to un holster a loaded weapon for some reason. But that person can be dealt with at that time. I'd rather have the occasional person mishandling a firearm in the store than however many a day doing it in the parking lot.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    If someone can't unload in their car without firing... they need to be hauled in anyway... and who's gonna call 911 about a guy with a gun... at a gun shop...

Most people take that stance until it happens to them.

Every time you handle a loaded firearm you risk having an ND/AD. Whether it be a mistake on your part or a mechanical failure.

The last person I knew that had an AD dropped his mag and the top round fired.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    [FONT=&quot]Obviously someone has a lot of time on their hands if they are resurrecting 4 year old posts. :popcorn:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

What he said

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    The only signs I've noticed are Cabelas and Gander where they both have signs saying basically firearms need to be unloaded and checked in unless you have a handgun permit and it's your carry pistol (I forget the exact wording). If I had a local gun shop that denied everyone the right to carry with a permit, I would not go there. Luckily it does not seem like a popular thing (to deny) in my area at this time. (old post, ok - my first time seeing it) :)

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    marty-i-think-we-are-back-to-the-old-thread.jpg

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Posted it in the other "no gun sign thread", post here as well.

This is how a no gun sign should read at a gun store:

picture.php

Top Bottom