• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    The other day someone that I know we will call.... Bob got a new pistol...... Bob decided to CC it and showed it to me when we ran into each other out and about. I said that I did not know he had his liscense and he said he did not but that it was not loaded....... I laughed and told him he would be in a world of hurt if he gets caught. He is a good guy and it was a nice gun :).

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Soon to be a guy to not have a nice gun and unable to get a permit if he gets caught. Make real sure you make that real clear to him.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The other day someone that I know we will call.... Bob got a new pistol...... Bob decided to CC it and showed it to me when we ran into each other out and about. I said that I did not know he had his liscense and he said he did not but that it was not loaded....... I laughed and told him he would be in a world of hurt if he gets caught. He is a good guy and it was a nice gun :).

I found a way around the LTCH... it was called an AR 15. Make sure to tell him that.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana

Dave, EDUCATE, EDUCATE, EDUCATE!!!!!! And again EDUCATE!!!! I really hope you educated your friend on Indiana law and the LTCH. Remember, a gun shop will sell you any gun you want and could care less if you know the law or not. I know that the last time I was afforded the opportunity to educate an uninformed new gun owner was a guy I met at the local gun store, he as about 65 years old, and had a pistol that he had received from an inheritance. We talked for about 45 mins and I attempted to educate him about all aspects of Indiana handgun law. He was very appreciative for all my information and he was going to go home so he and his wife could go and start the process of getting their LTCH's I did help him break down his pistol and ran a zip tie thru it and we put it in his trunk, he bought a ammo can, and had no ammo in the gun or car, so we put the gun in the can, then closed the can, and locked it in the trunk of his car. I told him that technically he was still in violation of Indiana Code for carrying a handgun without a license, I wanted to tell him that he would probably be ok, but I didnt want to overstep my bounds, and that he needed to take the pistol home immediately and not bring it back out until he had his LTCH. He again was very appreciative and went on his way. After he left I thought that maybe I should have offered to transport the gun back to his house and give it back to him, but honestly I figured he would be fine with it. Anyway, again, I do hope that you educated your friend.

INGunGuy

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010

Dumb reason to go to jail. Outside of not having a permit carrying an unloaded gun blows my mind. Not sure which is worse.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yea, but they are too hard to conceal, Yea a SBR, or mabye a PLR-16 under your suit coat, but it is too hard to CC mine with all the hardware it has on it... LOL..

INGunGuy

PLR16 is a handgun, you need a LTCH for it ;)

PS90 is really the way to go if you're talking longarms :cool:

We need to go to Arizona style carry here in Indiana. No license/permit needed for ANY carry of ANY firearm.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Actually I figured you were making the comment because we the first rule always states "A firearm is NEVER unloaded"

INGunGuy

Oh, no I just meant an unloaded gun blew his mind...

It would have been more cleaver of me... + 1 for outdoing me.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    PLR16 is a handgun, you need a LTCH for it ;)

PS90 is really the way to go if you're talking longarms :cool:

We need to go to Arizona style carry here in Indiana. No license/permit needed for ANY carry of ANY firearm.

Oh Lord, you are completely correct, I do apologize for making that comment. I would hate to give someone bum advice. Thanks for pointing out my error.

INGunGuy

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Oh Lord, you are completely correct, I do apologize for making that comment. I would hate to give someone bum advice. Thanks for pointing out my error.

INGunGuy

Anything under 16" isn't worth it, at least thats what my fiance says...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To what I have been able to ascertain the incorrect notion in the gun culture that the pistol is legal to carry if unloaded can be traced back to the television show "Due South". In one episode the Mountie explains to the Chicago cop that he can carry a pistol (in Chicago no less) as long as it is not loaded.

Of course, this notion may have existed before this program, but this is what I have been to trace so far.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    To what I have been able to ascertain the incorrect notion in the gun culture that the pistol is legal to carry if unloaded can be traced back to the television show "Due South". In one episode the Mountie explains to the Chicago cop that he can carry a pistol (in Chicago no less) as long as it is not loaded.

Of course, this notion may have existed before this program, but this is what I have been to trace so far.

Or it could be a foolish notion that an "unloaded" gun isn't dangerous.

One can throw them preeetty hard :D

Top Bottom