• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Yes, for example there have been several Open Carry Walks in Downtown Indy...

really? downtown? with long guns? did they ever get stop? I just cant beleive anyone would do that in downtown andnot get into major trouble especially since some guy went on a shooting spree couple months ago

when you guys carry long guns in public do you carry gun bags or bags that look like everyday bags?

any recomendations?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    really? downtown? with long guns? did they ever get stop? I just cant beleive anyone would do that in downtown andnot get into major trouble especially since some guy went on a shooting spree couple months ago

when you guys carry long guns in public do you carry gun bags or bags that look like everyday bags?

any recomendations?

I believe most of them carried them "african" style during the walks.
    YouTube - African Carry

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

any recomendations?

During the walks we carry African style, that is muzzle down on a sling, no problems at all, we handed out about 100 flyers on gun laws on Black Friday and made the national news.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No legal loop hole? Has anyone done this? in Indiana and survived to tell the tale?

No loop hole. It is not against the law period. No loop hole needed. I've carried a long gun in town once. Many years ago. I was very new to guns and under 18, actually under 16 since I wasn't driving yet. I wanted to take a .22 rifle into a gunshop to have them check it out. I called my local LEOs to find out what was needed and was told it was fine but "please wrap a sheet around it so we don't get a bunch of calls". This was in Lake Co. Yes I know now it isn't the best idea to ask the police what the laws are.

But the only things on the books regarding long arms are carry on an off road vehicle and hunting from a motorized vehicle. And the off road vehicle applies to all firearms and bows unless someone has an unlimited LTCH and is carrying a handgun, long guns still must be unloaded and in a rack or case. Hunting applies to everything, long gun/handgun/ bow/ slingshot/ air
    gun/ etc.

That and the general no firarms for persons convicted of domestic violence/serious violent felons/etc.

ghille45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    afghanistan
    so any member of the armed forces while on duty? what does that mean? that I can carry a firearm as long as I'm military and don't need one because technically we are on duty 24-7 365 days a year.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Why would u CC an unloaded gun? ...

The question was in reference to an openly carried long gun.

I wouldn't carry an unloaded gun in either case. I just wanted to be clear on what the other posters intended, what they meant and more importantly ... what the law allows. I knew that open carry of long arms was allowed. I just never heard or don't recall anybody actually say that they had one in the chamber. Thanks for the replies.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Why would u CC an unloaded gun? That gun would most likely make you a initial target to criminals and also why put unnecessary wear on your brand new gun...?

If you CC the gun how would it make you a target?

I have heard the stupid argument made for OC but never CC.... you sure you meant to say that?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The question was in reference to an openly carried long gun.

I wouldn't carry an unloaded gun in either case. I just wanted to be clear on what the other posters intended, what they meant and more importantly ... what the law allows. I knew that open carry of long arms was allowed. I just never heard or don't recall anybody actually say that they had one in the chamber. Thanks for the replies.

Actually CCing a long gun is legal also. Just get a trench coat/over coat/duster and your all set.

Top Bottom