• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The LTCH lifetime was passed as a law. As a law it just can't be "taken away" or "done away with" it takes another law to do that. Since Mitch Daniels is still in office and he signed it in, I highly doubt he will sign it out.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got that from the same person who told you that in 2011 you are going to have to register all your firearms and pay a $50 tax on each?

Like mskendall said, not true. Just another false rumor that goes around every week or two.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    hmmm

Someone told me that as of 2011 Indiana no longer offers the option to get a life time carry license? I can't find anything about it online. Anyone else hear anything about that?

False it may be but a surprise it would not be. They rescinded the option to have a lifetime hunting license because of lost revenue. Get one now b4 they do change their mind.:twocents:

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Maybe the state went over budget for the year needed the extra revenue? I've heard that they are getting rid of the lifetime for about 5 years now....

It sucks for me because I have moved to Texas which doesn't offer a lifetime. The CHL costs $140 plus the cost of the class I am required to take. Total cost every five years is about $250......

So enjoy your lifetime boys....and girls...

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Did you ask your friend the source of the information? I bet it was from someone else rather than a first hand source. We on the forum have heard this one in the past, and it won't be the last time. Hate to say, but if they do take it away, I already have mine so they can pay their money every four years and I will be the one with the grin on my face.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What about buying ammo online in 2011?
    I heard online sale would be over, but I guess its fake too.
    There is no sign of that on the website where I buy all my ammo from.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Maybe the state went over budget for the year needed the extra revenue? I've heard that they are getting rid of the lifetime for about 5 years now....

It sucks for me because I have moved to Texas which doesn't offer a lifetime. The CHL costs $140 plus the cost of the class I am required to take. Total cost every five years is about $250......

So enjoy your lifetime boys....and girls...

But that Texas CC permit is a nice photo license already laminated from the State of Texas! BTW - in TX you don't need a permit to carry in your personal vehilce, as it is an extension of your "castle."

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    But that Texas CC permit is a nice photo license already laminated from the State of Texas! BTW - in TX you don't need a permit to carry in your personal vehilce, as it is an extension of your "castle."

Yeah and the application process is completely done online and they require you to go through the L-1 system so it's much faster. Yeah I keep a pistol in my car permanently!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    False it may be but a surprise it would not be. They rescinded the option to have a lifetime hunting license because of lost revenue. Get one now b4 they do change their mind.:twocents:

As pointed out above, the Indiana Lifetime LTCH is written as law, not policy. The lifetime hunting license was provided by the office of the DNR, completely created by them and later destroyed by them. The same could NOT happen with the LTCH since it would require legislative action, which would give us a chance to yell at our politicians. Sure, they COULD do it, but it is doubtful. Destroying the lifetime LTCH would be very bad for them, and they have bigger fish to fry anyways. Thankfully Indiana isnt a backhanded anti-gun state that would make an effort to screw us, despite everything else they could be trying to accomplish.

The Lifetime LTCH isnt going anywhere very fast, and it cant be changed at a moments notice. You would get adequate time to apply and receive one before the law could be changed. If you (or anyone you know) is getting their LTCH, remind them to get their lifetime. It will save you money in the end, and you can ignore all the gun store BS saying it will go away.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Others already addressed the thread topic. On a side note...

Whoop-dee-doo. Paying extra $ just to get a nice shiny laminated permission slip with your picture on it. If you had a right, you wouldn't need a permit at all.

Yeah and the application process is completely done online and they require you to go through the L-1 system so it's much faster. Yeah I keep a pistol in my car permanently!
    Mandatory requirement for L-1 doesn't make any difference. You still don't have a right to carry your own pistol on your person. You still have to apply and pay for permission to conceal it on your person when out and about.

Plus, contrary to what many believe from watching old westerns, in Texas regular folks can't even open carry their own pistols in public, permission slip or not.
    OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!
    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Texas
    They're working on getting the statutes changed, though.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Others already addressed the thread topic. On a side note...

Whoop-dee-doo. Paying extra $ just to get a nice shiny laminated permission slip with your picture on it. If you had a right, you wouldn't need a permit at all.

Mandatory requirement for L-1 doesn't make any difference. You still don't have a right to carry your own pistol on your person. You still have to apply and pay for permission to conceal it on your person when out and about.

Plus, contrary to what many believe from watching old westerns, in Texas regular folks can't even open carry their own pistols in public, permission slip or not.
    OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!
    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Texas
    They're working on getting the statutes changed, though.

:yesway: This is all true. But the nice shiny laminated permission slip looks really good in your concealed carry wallet next to your concealed carry badge.:D

Top Bottom