• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My 4 year licence expired in 09, do I need to restart from the beginning to get my LTCH.

Here is the online form:

Application for Handgun License

Note the 3rd additional question is: "Have you had a previous handgun license?"

You may not get the price discount though for having a "Current" license since your license would technically be expired. But you may also have quicker processing since you would have already been "in the system."

My bet is that you still have to go through the rest of the steps though since it has expired.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Someone told me that as of 2011 Indiana no longer offers the option to get a life time carry license? I can't find anything about it online. Anyone else hear anything about that?

Who is someone? How can we talk some sense into him or her?:D

I have traced the ending the lifetime carry license option to a clerk at the Howard County Sheriff's Department who started the rumor so she would not have to process as many applications.

It is repeated because:

1. It is easy to believe bad news about guns.

2. People want to believe that they possess vital information.

3. Some people enjoy raining on other peoples parade.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I can't wait to get me one of those ccw badges. They make a fluorescent colored sash too. I wonder if I get to pick my own badge number??

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Its all true guys...no more LTCH, no more ammo either. Plus, they're gonna confiscate all the guns.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    False it may be but a surprise it would not be. They rescinded the option to have a lifetime hunting license because of lost revenue. Get one now b4 they do change their mind.:twocents:

My family moved here from mass. When my dads dad died my father received a check for $800. At the time lifetime hunting permits were $500. My mom told my dad to go get it. And every time he went hunting he would think of his dad.

When he went to go get it it went to $800. Two years later they got rid of them all together. If you want to go all seasons (shotgun, bow, muzzle, goose, duck, rabbit, etc.) of deer and bonus antlerless its somewhere in the ballpark of several hundred dollars a year.

Needless to say it was a good idea. Thats why I got my lifetime and not my 4 year. Id rather pay $125 now instead of god knows how much every year for the rest of my life.

:twocents:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    IBTL-Dog.jpg

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Got that from the same person who told you that in 2011 you are going to have to register all your firearms and pay a $50 tax on each?

The Tax thing IS true, I'm afraid. Fortunately, the State allows private citizens, like myself, to collect the tax on behalf of the State for a substantial discount.

PM me and I'll tell you where to send your check or money order.

Top Bottom