• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Plus if he's an actual veteran he took an oath to uphold the constitution, including the right of the people to carry guns in restaurants.
    Now if he really has PTSD and seeing people with guns troubles him then I hope he can get some help as it's a serious problem (especially in the US).
    But if he's just using the PTSD excuse to drive his own anti-gun agenda it's just pathetic.

Exactly. And many,people do abuse their status and claim bs ptsd or use it as a crutch when they do not need to. Hey if you are legit and have issues from it and really need accommodation that doesn't violate anyone else's rights or happiness then I'll be the first one to stand beside you. But if you are just being a ***** and are a pox on society then **** you. If you wanna be Debbie downer on everyone else then stay home. I personally do not like fireworks anymore. I just don't go watch them but I'm not a ***** and call the cops when I hear,them go off. I deal with it. I force myself to think about other things because I KNOW they are just fireworks and I need to get,over it. I'm glad people are having fun. Now if you are lighting them off at 2 in the morning then you are a ****bag

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm confused. Are you interested in liberty or not :dunno:

Liberty at the expense of others? No
    If you want to stop people from exercising their rights when they cross through your door then create a club with memberships. But a public business should not be able to stop people from exercising their rights to self defense even of they have a choice to visit or not. No one intelligent would obey that sign anyways

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    where is that "bake the cake!" Beat down image???

i wish .gov did not force businesses to be non-smoking.

The non smoking issue is BS for sure. I have never been a supporter of government telling anyone they can't smoke. And I'm not a smoker.

Bake the cake, well that's a whole other issue entirely because no one is preventing them from being gay in the store. They just aren't going to bake them a gay cake which I agree should be their right not to. Cake isn't a right

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Do you think it's OK for a business to trespass a person who refused to leave?

Yes

Also I should point out that it's not what I think that is important to me, it's what,the constitution thinks. If the supreme court rules on these issues then so be it that is that. I'm just stating my opinion as a flawed man. I am no lawyer

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    so they can violate someone's right to freedom of assembly?

Well that's a whole other rabbitt hole. Some places require permits to assemble. Does that violate freedom of assembly? I would argue no if it's a public place. But in a private place it's up to the property owner who can assemble. However I do not believe they should be allowed to deprive those people of right to self defense. If they do are they prepared to defend anyone who enters their store? They should face great liability if someone is killed or injured in their store because they were forced to disarm
    Ar you allowed to kill,someone on their own property? If they threaten your life sure, within reason.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sure. You have the right to defend yourself. BUT, you don't have the right to have a gun on someone else's private property IMO.

my property rights supersede your second amendment rights when you are on my property.

of course .gov has screwed that whole concept up. Me telling you no guns has nothing to do with "shall not be infringed" by government. Constitution sets limits on government, not citizens.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you allow businesses that expect the public to come in to disarm the public, then it's not a far stretch to say you could support the government doing the same in their buildings. Which is wrong too

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sure. You have the right to defend yourself. BUT, you don't have the right to have a gun on someone else's private property IMO.

my property rights supersede your second amendment rights when you are on my property.

of course .gov has screwed that whole concept up. Me telling you no guns has nothing to do with "congress shall pass no law"

You can tell me anything you wish. I don't have to legally comply in Indiana. So if you don't see it then you will never know and tell me to leave. Unless someone comes to harm you or I and I need to use it but if you prefer I leave and not intervene then ok bye.
    I'm always armed you can bet on it. If you don't like that then don't invite me (the public) into your store or property.
    Same with a hospital. If you think I'm going to rely on rentacops or even real cops to protect me then you are mistaken. Signs do not mean anything to me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If you allow businesses that expect the public to come in to disarm the public, then it's not a far stretch to say you could support the government doing the same in their buildings. Which is wrong too

Maybe, but it's a different topic and completely different set of circumstances IMO. Bed time. :cheers:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I hope the state passes a law banning businesses from stopping people from exercising their constitutionaly protected rights

So a law should be passed stopping business owners from exercising their constitutionally protected rights?

At the same time business owners should have the right to ban anyone from their store or restaurant.

If someone walks in with a gun and he's being unsafe, waving the gun around, then business owners should be able to kick the guy out.

I can agree with this, but I also think a property owner/renter should be able to ban whoever they wish for any or no reason. Business or not.

But if not then I disagree a business has the right to ban you simply for exercising a right

Why do you think your rights supersede theirs? Do you have the right to allow or disallow what you want on your property? If so why shouldn't they? Do you think you should be forced to allow mommies demanding action/blm/kkk/wbc/you name it to set up shop on your front lawn? If not, why not? They are simply exercising their Constitutional rights...

Yes

Also I should point out that it's not what I think that is important to me, it's what,the constitution thinks. If the supreme court rules on these issues then so be it that is that. I'm just stating my opinion as a flawed man. I am no lawyer

Really? The Constitution thinks that? Can you show me where? The Constitution is a grant of limited powers and some restrictions on the govt. Not private individuals.

of course .gov has screwed that whole concept up. Me telling you no guns has nothing to do with "shall not be infringed" by government. Constitution sets limits on government, not citizens.

I agree.

They are not disarming you, they are making rules for you to come onto their property. And no, there is a very big difference between private property and public property.

You can tell me anything you wish. I don't have to legally comply in Indiana. So if you don't see it then you will never know and tell me to leave. Unless someone comes to harm you or I and I need to use it but if you prefer I leave and not intervene then ok bye.
    I'm always armed you can bet on it. If you don't like that then don't invite me (the public) into your store or property.
    Same with a hospital. If you think I'm going to rely on rentacops or even real cops to protect me then you are mistaken. Signs do not mean anything to me.

Actually per most of the lawyers on here a properly worded sign could have force of law, trespassing. Trespassing law in Indiana allows for a sign to deny entry, the standard gun with a circle and a slash does not do so. A properly worded sign just might. Something along the lines of this "Firearms prohibited on this property, anyone carrying a firearm is denied entry".

And they are inviting you in under certain conditions, same as a dress code. Should dress codes be made illegal?

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's been a minute since I've been there, but it sounds like they no longer want me as a customer and are going after a different type of customer. Thanks for posting, I had no idea

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's been a minute since I've been there, but it sounds like they no longer want me as a customer and are going after a different type of customer. Thanks for posting, I had no idea

You might as well let them know why they lost a customer. :twocents:

no-guns-no-money.jpg

Top Bottom