• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Saw this today in muncie at the CBX book store. Keep in mind this store is NOT on campus.

14adkl0.jpg

Technically it says no CONCEALED weapons... Im not going to patron this store... but if I were, legally it should be ok for me to OC... right... :rockwoot:

I have two questions,

1.) if a business has a sign posted, do they have to ask you to leave before you can get trespassing? Or can you be arrested without them saying anything?

2.) Also, this post was a joke, but now that I think about it... it does say CONCEALED... would I be within my rights to OC in there until someone asked me to leave?

(I know this isnt a law manual, just asking)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Concealed weapons?
    Anything can be a weapon in my opinion so that sign doesnt mean anything.
    It doesnt even say "firearm".
    I would OC/CC or whatever I want and just ignore the sign.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I think it's been pretty well established that general "no weapons" signs don't carry the weight of law, though if you're asked to leave you have to.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    1.) if a business has a sign posted, do they have to ask you to leave before you can get trespassing? Or can you be arrested without them saying anything?

If it said NO TRESPASSING, it would be different. The sign they have up just refers to a silly rule.

2.) Also, this post was a joke, but now that I think about it... it does say CONCEALED... would I be within my rights to OC in there until someone asked me to leave?
    It's really not a rights issue. You can be armed. They can ask you to leave their property for being armed, or any other reason.
    Everyone still has their rights.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Ok. I wasnt looking to start an argument, just askin. Ive seen the indiana law written out but I didnt understand it very well. If im asked to leave I will, I just didnt want to be walking around in there OCing and have a cop walk in to arrest me on the spot without anyone saying anything.

...because I WILL be in the OCing.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Concealed weapons?
    Anything can be a weapon in my opinion so that sign doesnt mean anything.
    It doesnt even say "firearm".
    I would OC/CC or whatever I want and just ignore the sign.
    you should go in there and inform the manager that everyone walking by has a concealed weapon :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I would definitely open carry there.

Wouldn't buy anything, but browsing would be fun. ;)
    be careful, anywhere else but indiana, most states define what a concealable weapon is and that would as well cover open carry. for instance SC only allows CC and they define a concealable weapon as a firearm less than 12" from it's 2 furthest poitns.

so much for taking my AR15 pistol with me :n00b:

lol, i've been desensatized by those signs since moving back to ohio, i see them, i run away.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I was under the impression that IN law says that those signs mean nothing unless it is federal government property...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Oh, boy... just remember that the Ball State cops love to respond to calls on or around campus...

Oh trust me, I know. A buddy and I were skateboarding off campus (as a mode of transportation, not destroying any property). they ended up giving us both $50 tickets and said they had "video of us skateboarding and destroying property" then some black cop (youll see why the race comment was relevant in a second) said that he recognized us and kicked us off campus once before, which was not true. Sadly, its proven that different races cant differentiate between people of other races. Apparently he likes being a dick AND a statistic.

Im not going out of my way to start a scene or anything... but I wouldnt mind going in there once OC and try to have a discussion with the owner about how they are dumb. (but in a respectful intelligent manner)

Top Bottom