• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    In schools too but they dont always search you, in this case its still illegal to carry inside of course but you just keep in mind that if you can enter the building with a gun criminals can too (and they do like we sadly seen so many times with schools shootings).
    In this case you just use your free will to decide what to do.

:twocents:
    Please be careful with your wording, suggesting that committing a Felony is Ok only hurts our cause, not help

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I have been meaning to post something similiar but haven't thought about it. I was in TIS book store last week buying a few more books for my classes and my CCW was seen. There was no sign posted at TIS like there is at CBS. I had my firearm concealed but when I bent over to get my book off the bottom shelf a male employee had noticed my gun when my shirt lifted. He of course ran directly to his manager and told her I had a gun. So I was at the register paying for my books and the store manager asked me to step aside for a second. She first asks me if I was carrying a firearm. I said yes I am (EVERYONE looks at me). She responds with would you allow me to see your LTCH. I said yes you may. After about a minute or two of looking over my license she says it doesn't say anywhere that the firearm must be concealed. I respond with yes IN is an OC state. She says well I am sorry to have bothered you, my husband also carries but we are originally from FL and thought your firearm must always be concealed. Long story short that could have been a bad situation, but thanks to the ladies knowledge of lawfully carrying a firearm she didn't call the police before asking if I was licensed to carry it. I figure campus pd would go nuts over a firearm being that close to campus. Glad it worked out and I hope the employee that ran away will do some research on state laws and grow a pair.

That was your choice. If I was in the same situation, I would have told her to go to hell. She's not a LEO, she has has no authority to inspect your LTCH.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Please be careful with your wording, suggesting that committing a Felony is Ok only hurts our cause, not help

Dont get me wrong, I didnt suggested that it was ok to commit a felony but I understand your concerns.
    It is illegal to carry on schools and you shouldnt do it.
    But like with any law everybody is free to follow them or not using their free will.
    Obviously criminals dont follow them and therefore wont disarm unless they are searched.
    I was just saying that in places where you are not searched bad guys with bad intentions are not searched either.Just something to keep in mind.
    That being said you can follow the law and still be armed (other than firearms) and ready to defend yourself even in those "gun free zones".

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That was your choice. If I was in the same situation, I would have told her to go to hell. She's not a LEO, she has has no authority to inspect your LTCH.

Really? :scratch: That's a bit harsh. It's not like she demanded or alluded to any authority to inspect it.

...would you allow me to see your LTCH

sounds like no more than a polite request. In this particular case, it was just something she was curious about.

You might consider responding with a simple "no, thanks" instead of telling curious people where to go. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Really? :scratch: That's a bit harsh. It's not like she demanded or alluded to any authority to inspect it.

sounds like no more than a polite request. In this particular case, it was just something she was curious about.

You might consider responding with a simple "no, thanks" instead of telling curious people where to go. ;)

I agree its a bit harsh.
    I always try to be polite with people even if I dont agaree with them as I feel like I represent all gun owners.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I did

Well im not, I wish you would have read the previous posts. No disrespect.

Well, Edbean, I also mean no disrespect but your assumption is wrong. I read the entire thread before I posted. Whenever I do post a response without reading the entire thread, I say so.

Perhaps you took it personal which was not how it was intended. I considered it a prediction based on other similar posts about "No Weapons" signs. The common response here is something like...."Hey, they put up a sign that says you can't carry a gun in there............Let's all go carry our guns there". My point of view is........."Hey, they put up a sign that says you can't carry a gun in there..........Let's all stay away from there and encourage everybody we know to do the same". They don't want my business, they don't get my business and I'm not going to go there looking to force the issue. They aren't going to change their policy and the entire exercise is a no-win situation.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Well maybe "go to hell" is a little strong for the first request, but the point is the same. I'm not going to verify my LTCH to a librarian.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Well, Edbean, I also mean no disrespect but your assumption is wrong. I read the entire thread before I posted. Whenever I do post a response without reading the entire thread, I say so.

Perhaps you took it personal which was not how it was intended. I considered it a prediction based on other similar posts about "No Weapons" signs. The common response here is something like...."Hey, they put up a sign that says you can't carry a gun in there............Let's all go carry our guns there". My point of view is........."Hey, they put up a sign that says you can't carry a gun in there..........Let's all stay away from there and encourage everybody we know to do the same". They don't want my business, they don't get my business and I'm not going to go there looking to force the issue. They aren't going to change their policy and the entire exercise is a no-win situation.

I totally agree with you. That was not my intention at all. This thread started as a joke, then I posted a serious question just wondering about legality of the sign. I have told my friends not to go there and I wont be going myself except (if I have time) to have a polite informed conversation with the owner. Id rather give it a shot and try and change their mind then fail instead of just avoiding the shop all together. Regardless, i wont be buying anything as long as that sign is in the window.

Tat2dman46013

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Anderson
    Whew,reminds me of the guy standing in his yard smokin while a 8" gas maine was open,but he was in his yard...about 12-15 feet away...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    I cannot, for the life of me, remember seeing that sign at CBX. I'll have to pay better attention when I'm out and about, tomorrow.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Nah, I only go in there at the end of each semester to sell the books T.I.S. wouldnt buy. I will be OCing when I go to sell them though. Promise ;)

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Im not going out of my way to start a scene or anything... but I wouldnt mind going in there once OC and try to have a discussion with the owner about how they are dumb. (but in a respectful intelligent manner)

I work in IT support, and I would love to know how to tell people they are dumb (but in a respectful and intelligent manner). :laugh:

Top Bottom