• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do when you are carrying and see a "no weapons" sign in a store?

• Total voters

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I had to choose other. To be honest I have never seen a no weapons allowed sign on the door of any business. But my situational awareness is not very good.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I had to choose other. To be honest I have never seen a no weapons allowed sign on the door of any business. But my situational awareness is not very good.

Maybe you should get a body guard instead of carrying gun then... JS

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgf0dmzEf0&feature=player_embedded#http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgf0dmzEf0&
    3vgf0dmzEf0

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :D
    :eek:

OUTLANDER!

:stickpoke:

:( You should be happy, that's more bacon for you.
    But I like beef jerky, I dont know if that's the same. ;)
    Anyway I dont think that the OP would like this thread becoming a thread about bacon. :D

Let's stay focus...

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009

:( You should be happy, that's more bacon for you.
    But I like beef jerky, I dont know if that's the same. ;)
    Anyway I dont think that the OP would like this thread becoming a thread about bacon. :D

Let's stay focus...
    :scratch:

pork jerky might be closer :dunno:

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    What is the actual law when it comes to the no weapon signs? Is just that the store can ask you to leave. If I carry in a store with a no weapon sign am I breaking any laws? The local movie theater here has a no weapon sign and was wondering what they could do if they caught me carrying?

While I am asking I also heard you could not carry anywhere they serve alcohol, any truth to that? Can't find any statute covering either of the subjects.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What is the actual law when it comes to the no weapon signs? Is just that the store can ask you to leave. If I carry in a store with a no weapon sign am I breaking any laws? The local movie theater here has a no weapon sign and was wondering what they could do if they caught me carrying?

While I am asking I also heard you could not carry anywhere they serve alcohol, any truth to that? Can't find any statute covering either of the subjects.

From what I get any "no gun sign" is just a store policy just like you can have in your own house.If they dont want guns their and you carry one they can just ask you to leave.If you dont leave then you are breaking the law for trespassing.But if you hav a LTCH and dont carry in areas restricted by the law (commercial airplanes, schools and such ...) then you are not breaking the law.
    It's just like having a "no hat sign".No law says its illegal to wear a hat but if in a private place if they dont want you to wear a hat they can ask you to leave, nothing more.

Plus you are talking about a "no weapon sign" which is even more vague than a "no gun sign".Anything can be a weapon so are they talking about the pen you have in your pocket or your handgun?
    I this case I just ignore the sign.

There is nothing in the Indiana gun laws that says you cannot carry in bars and such even if you drink yourself.Then its maybe not wise to drink and carry but its legal.

Again that's just how I understand things, I am not a lawyer.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Thats what I thought but figured I would ask anyways. Make sure I will just carry my LCP to the movies so they won't know its there. And I hardly ever go to bars and rarely even drink just was more interested about restaurants that serve alcohol but guess I will continue to carry to places like that without worrying now.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thats what I thought but figured I would ask anyways. Make sure I will just carry my LCP to the movies so they won't know its there. And I hardly ever go to bars and rarely even drink just was more interested about restaurants that serve alcohol but guess I will continue to carry to places like that without worrying now.

Just remenber that in places with a "no gun policy" criminals will still be armed so you better be armed too.Unless they check for guns like in federal buidlings and airports and im sure that I wont meet any armed BG in the buidling I keep my weapons with me even if I see a sign.
    If you CC you shouldnt have any problem anywhere anyway.
    If you OC may ready to be asked to leave in some places.
    But in places with a "no gun policy" even if you OC they may not ask you to leave anyway (like in malls and such), armed or not they still see you as a paying custumer.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm sorry, I don't know how to read. So I couldn't see the choices given. I did however pick the last choice for giggles. When I get home I will have to ask my dog what the choices were.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I used to leave my pistol in the car when the wife and I would visit Portillos in Merrillville, but when I caught some yahoo cruising the parking lot looking for cars to break into, I stopped leaving it in the car. If the management sees it, they can ask me to leave.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm sorry, I don't know how to read. So I couldn't see the choices given. I did however pick the last choice for giggles. When I get home I will have to ask my dog what the choices were.

Its good that you could managed to write this post somehow. ;)
    I dont even know why I type that if you dont know how to read but maybe your dog can read it to you.

Arent you glad you live in a free state where even people who talk to their dogs can own a gun? :D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Its good that you could managed to write this post somehow. ;)
    I dont even know why I type that if you dont know how to read but maybe your dog can read it to you.

Arent you glad you live in a free state where even people who talk to their dogs can own a gun? :D

Obviously, the dog knows how to type, too. Can't think how you missed that...

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Far as the signs, If they're not properly posted, I just ignore them. Between Marion county and Allen county, the only places I've seen properly posted signs is Federal/Government buildings, Airports, and ONE Credit Union on the southwest side of Indy.

What is a properly posted sign? The credit union sign holds no more weight than a sign at Mc D's. Federal buildings are off limits with our without a sign. There is no requirement in the laws that it has to be posted for you to be guilty of having a weapon in a restricted area. A lot of the laws dont even have a requirement for you to "knowingly" posess the weapon to be guilty. Just the act of having it, knowingly or not makes you guilty.

PeaShooter

Top Bottom