• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Holy smoke!!! how does a NON reloader talk him/herself into a trip to the range?
    Went to Dicks yesterday to get my wife some Thermocell butane and just happened to walk back to the ammo section,:noway: WOW!! glad I started this lil project of reloading several yrs ago.

I don't shoot alot but I'm able to shoot whenever I feel the need, That would not be the case if i didnt reload.
    My set up is very simple, Its all I need and have never felt the need to expand. My $30 press has saved me an awful amount of money in the past few yrs.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I look for good prices... and I've calculated the price of reloading vs factory ammo. I add in that face that I live in an apartment and don't have the room to safely reload.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm fabulously wealthy and keep 10k rds of ammo in my Bentley. When I run low I send my man out to the car. Just ask the guys at Indy Trading Post.

$_12.JPG

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm fabulously wealthy and keep 10k rds of ammo in my Bentley. When I run low I send my man out to the car. Just ask the guys at Indy Trading Post.

$_12.JPG

You may notice the Rolls in the background. The Donald needed to borrow the Bentley that day :cool:. Btw, I made a fortune in sailing and spinach.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Shopping for good deals on line, and at Wal-Mart. I reloaded for years, we built a house about 10yrs. ago and I sold all my reloading equipment.
    I felt like I did not shoot enough to take up the space in our house/garage to justify a new bench and press.
    Also I do value my time. What is your time worth? How much are you worth per hour? Also picking up, sorting and checking brass, it started to seem like work to me and took the fun right out of shooting. I didn't until recently start picking up brass again, and the only reason I do so now, is to sell it and get some of my money back on my ammo.

Part two: I only shoot 5 or 6 times a year.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Shooting, for us, is 'built-in' as a part of the monthly household budget. Like gasoline for the vehicles.

I do shoot some FMJ 'range ammo', but basically, I shoot what I carry and just rotate it out monthly. 'Cost of doing business', so to speak.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Shooting, for us, is 'built-in' as a part of the monthly household budget. Like gasoline for the vehicles.

I do shoot some FMJ 'range ammo', but basically, I shoot what I carry and just rotate it out monthly. 'Cost of doing business', so to speak.

I've been doing something similar, in the fact that I have been selling some of my guns to consolidate calibers. Now that I am finding some decent deals on ammo, the money from some of my gun sales have been going right back into ammo.
    I recently decided to quit "shot gunning", no more shotty's for me. So I sold the only 12 gauge I had, then sold off the ammo for it.
    I put about half of that money right back into ammo.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Shopping for good deals on line, and at Wal-Mart. I reloaded for years, we built a house about 10yrs. ago and I sold all my reloading equipment.
    I felt like I did not shoot enough to take up the space in our house/garage to justify a new bench and press.
    Also I do value my time. What is your time worth? How much are you worth per hour? Also picking up, sorting and checking brass, it started to seem like work to me and took the fun right out of shooting. I didn't until recently start picking up brass again, and the only reason I do so now, is to sell it and get some of my money back on my ammo.

Part two: I only shoot 5 or 6 times a year.

I value my time as well! kids,work, after school activities. I guess, I value VALUE as well, and I for sure couldnt shoot like I shoot now if I didnt reload. I shoot 6-10 per month Steel,Pins and just plinking.
    I can understand ur thoughts on brass retrieval, it can get crazy if u let it, At first it would make me mad if i lost 10% of my shooting brass, Then I realized its really not that big a deal. When I shot 10mm it drove me nuts!! Thats why I dont shot 10mm any longer.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I reload, but the cost savings aren't that much (maybe a nickel per round for 9 or 45 if I'm lucky). When my time is factored in, it's not worth it just for the money saved - you have to like doing it. When buying ammo, I just shop carefully at Walmart, Meijer, and online.

Top Bottom