• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've watched my butcher grind meat a few times. No big deal to me. I don't really care how people eat their food (they pay for it), but to be called an animal because I enjoy, and pay for, my food the way I like it is irritating.

So is being told over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over(and that's just today's posts) how overbearing and controlling our fascist gov't is is irritating as well.

The horse is dead, and the stick is but a nub. Time to beat another topic to death.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So is being told over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over(and that's just today's posts) how overbearing and controlling our fascist gov't is is irritating as well.

The horse is dead, and the stick is but a nub. Time to beat another topic to death.
    Hmmm....apparently you were absent on the day they mentioned that you can always not read a thread if it irritates you? If you don't like the subject matter then stay away. That's what adults do.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Hmmm....apparently you were absent on the day they mentioned that you can always not read a thread if it irritates you? If you don't like the subject matter then stay away. That's what adults do.

Goes both ways.... why don't you quote the other person that was "irritated"?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It's quoted in my post. Must be hard to see. I hang around to see what other off the wall crap y'all come up with. It's usually very....ummm..... "interesting". Sometimes disturbing. Always entertaining.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    It doesn't sound like you have ever read about the problems associated with total government control over everything we see, hear, feel, smell, taste, and touch. I mean seriously, we are talking about hamburgers. Is there no problem that the government can't solve for us? Yes we can!

Until the Libertarian's start winning elections and making policy, sounds like you're SOL Rambone.

:D

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    We just got back from Destin FLA and in one of the most popular restaurant/Pub they offered a cannibal burger (raw meat totally uncooked with onions) I did not try one.
    Even the French delicacy Steak Tartar is raw shredded steak usually served with French Fries

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

u mad?

Until the Libertarian's start winning elections and making policy, sounds like you're SOL Rambone.

:D

We are all SOL. The regulatory control grid governs us all. Hope you like your burgers well-done.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    And I was going to say the exact same thing. If you have a problem with the regulations then I invite you to take a history lesson in why we have them. Heck if people have a problem with food regulation then they must clearly have a problem with fire regulations, right? Same concept, but you never hear people complain about the extremely restrictive fire regulations that are enforced by inspections. Maybe its because the history of fire regulations is actually remembered. :dunno:

I complain about updated fire regulations all the time.

It is always the newest and best thing with them. If a 40 BC extinguisher was what was required and now a K is required, was the 40 BC not good enough to put out a fire?
    If a 20# dry ansel system was required , why is an update required to a 20 wet system? Why now is a 30# wet system now required for the same coverage area a 20# was required for before?

The updates have cost me a lot of money and my questrion is always the same: If what you required before is not good enough why did you require me to have it?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    WRONG. Jack in the Box is a good example of a company that thought they had a safe supply.

Let me google that for you
    One instance out of how many millions of others? The Jack in the Box instance is really statistically insignificant, in comparison to the rest of the market. It also goes to show that the businesses involved normally react with speed, as do their suppliers and the situation is rectified. Most instances of meat borne pathogens occur with "cheap meat" and come from grocery store "chubs" or mass produced patties. Knowing that a restaurant uses quality meat, and not the most overly processed, low quality product will do more for you than anything.
    Shoot, I went to Bub's last night and had a medium rare Elk burger. I will not become ill because of it and neither will any of the other customers that were there ordering elk or beef.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    One instance out of how many millions of others? The Jack in the Box instance is really statistically insignificant, in comparison to the rest of the market. It also goes to show that the businesses involved normally react with speed, as do their suppliers and the situation is rectified. Most instances of meat borne pathogens occur with "cheap meat" and come from grocery store "chubs" or mass produced patties. Knowing that a restaurant uses quality meat, and not the most overly processed, low quality product will do more for you than anything.
    Shoot, I went to Bub's last night and had a medium rare Elk burger. I will not become ill because of it and neither will any of the other customers that were there ordering elk or beef.

Bold statements. Hey, we have something in common - I love Bub's too!

I think you are missing the entire argument here. If you cook your ground meat (dead cow, elk, deer, etc...) to 160 degrees, it will kill bacterial food borne illnesses like e coli.

If you don't cook it to 160 degrees, you are hoping that the ground meat has been properly processed, properly transported, and properly stored before it is served to you. There is always a strong possibility one of those aforementioned geniuses messed up there duties.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    oh yeah, taco bell went on a little e coli bender too. It can happen to anyone - you cannot just trust your source. You have to take steps to prevent that you would serve hundreds or thousands of people something that was infected before it got to you.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think you are missing the entire argument here. If you cook your ground meat (dead cow, elk, deer, etc...) to 160 degrees, it will kill bacterial food borne illnesses like e coli.

If you don't cook it to 160 degrees, you are hoping that the ground meat has been properly processed, properly transported, and properly stored before it is served to you. There is always a strong possibility one of those aforementioned geniuses messed up there duties.
    You are also cooking out all of the flavour and you end up with a juiceless puck. It's worth the minuscule risk to have it your way. Or you could frequent McDonald's, a company which follows that particular advice. More people don't get sick than do.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    oh yeah, taco bell went on a little e coli bender too. It can happen to anyone - you cannot just trust your source. You have to take steps to prevent that you would serve hundreds or thousands of people something that was infected before it got to you.
    Again. Cheap, low quality "meat", (or meat food product). Know what you're buying, and from whom you're buying it and the risk of contracting a food borne illness goes down to virtually nothing.

Top Bottom