• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've carried at GenCon before. It's been a few years, so unless something has changed, it's not exactly hard to do.

Last year, we did have that little bit of "political violence" outside of GenCon, but not much more than that.

I dunno... last geek/gaming related shooting I know of is when the guy went into a game tournament and started shooting. Pretty jarring hearing it happen, seeing it on video.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Landing_shooting

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The 19 year old won't do it again. He's dead. Shot about a dozen times. He and his big scary rifle outgunned the local fuzz and they took him out cold within 90 seconds of his outburst....using nothing more than bank dick issue 2 inch snubby .38's.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Consider the source but Laura Loomer has screenshots of the shooter’s Instagram where he calls himself an Italian-Iranian and has a picture of his Iranian grandfather, who was named after a radical Shia.

https://lauraloomer.us/2019/07/29/b...th-islamic-imagery-on-instagram/#.XT-A_pYpCEc

3 posts, one follower, easily could be a fake account made immediately after someone found out the name. It's happened before

Good on both of you for showing skepticism.

All these modern news stories ranting about "outrage"... yet sourcing brand new social media accounts... it's so fake.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So the guy ignores some of the strongest anti-gun laws in the nation, cuts a fence to get into a gun free zone and then has the nerve to ignore the fact that murder is illegal. And he used a big evil SKS like an AK. So the AK-like rifle gets more attention than the fact the guy violated murder laws.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good on both of you for showing skepticism.

All these modern news stories ranting about "outrage"... yet sourcing brand new social media accounts... it's so fake.

Yeah, Laura Loomer has had enough time in the past several months since her bannination to garner more than one follower. Even flying under the radar she would have at least a couple hundred followers by now. And that is being VERY conservative. (no pun intended)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think there is a 1:1 correlation between the Axis powers and today's white supremacist/nationalist peeps. How many Japanese do you think they let in?

No there's not, but hey there's a precedent.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From what I have read, the "white supremacist" moniker seems premature.

Also, let's not for get one can be racist and not a white supremacist.

.....and people can be evil, mentally ill, racist and homicidal...or any combination thereof.

To know his true motivation would be interesting, but I'm not sure how important it is. I'm not anxious to defend the honor of white supremacists, but accuracy would be nice.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All I heard was a quip that he had "posted white supremacist things online"

That's very vague... and a lot of people could fall into that label without context.

Top Bottom