Northern IN related gun rumors I heard this week...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Vision Armory in Middlebury got their FFL pulled.
    Apparently there were some issues with paperwork and they were given the choice of surrendering the FFL or arrest.
    They chose to surrender the FFL.
    They can still sell 80% stuff, but cannot build anything.
    Rumor has it, they will be re-organizing and re-applying.

The Nappanee gun show scheduled for next month has been cancelled.
    Apparently, the roof of the venue has collapsed and will not be repaired in time for the next show date.
    This one grieves me heavily.

And finally...
    Midwest Gun Exchange is going to be moving from the Grape Rd. location.
    Rumor has it that the new location will be over near Nimitz Parkway area.
    They have outgrown the Grape Rd. venue and are heading for a place with more space.
    Not really sure about this, especially knowing that they would moving into South Bend, a really anti-gun city.
    With the issues that the City Council gave to Wal-Mart for selling "dangerous assault weapons", I can't imagine that Midwest would stand a chance over there.
    But you never know.

So, any comments?

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    As for Midwest, they will still be at the Grape Rd. location. They are separating the Retail and Wholesale into separate buildings, and the Wholesale dept. is moving to the new building. The retail store will remain at the current location on Grape Rd.

South Bend Tribune article here: Vacant Blackthorn site is filled - South Bend Tribune: Business

The fact they can sell retail and wholesale is kinda ridiculous...but yes this is what I've heard as well, they will not be shutting down the Grape Rd. Location.

As for the Vision rumors, everything listed is true for the most part give them a month or so and they'll be back at it as another family member will merely apply and get an FFL and they'll be back to making the budget lower end ARs they offered before.

Another rumor swirling was the Shoot To Thrill in Goshen was/is going out of business. That is absolutely 100% a false rumored, started by another range in a show of poor professionalism. The owner at Rocket Guns & Shoot To Thrill is actually enjoying an excellent start to the year from what I've heard.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Vision Armory in Middlebury got their FFL pulled.
    Apparently there were some issues with paperwork and they were given the choice of surrendering the FFL or arrest.
    They chose to surrender the FFL.
    They can still sell 80% stuff, but cannot build anything.
    Rumor has it, they will be re-organizing and re-applying.

The Nappanee gun show scheduled for next month has been cancelled.
    Apparently, the roof of the venue has collapsed and will not be repaired in time for the next show date.
    This one grieves me heavily.

And finally...
    Midwest Gun Exchange is going to be moving from the Grape Rd. location.
    Rumor has it that the new location will be over near Nimitz Parkway area.
    They have outgrown the Grape Rd. venue and are heading for a place with more space.
    Not really sure about this, especially knowing that they would moving into South Bend, a really anti-gun city.
    With the issues that the City Council gave to Wal-Mart for selling "dangerous assault weapons", I can't imagine that Midwest would stand a chance over there.
    But you never know.

So, any comments?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/374062-nappanee-gun-show-march-28th.html

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I heard a rumor the the lifetime LTCH is going away.

That actually happened at the first of the year and you're just finding out now? The 30 day amnesty period ended at the end of January. So if you still have one maybe it's not to late to send it in, and throw yourself on the mercy of the court!

ponch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Another rumor swirling was the Shoot To Thrill in Goshen was/is going out of business. That is absolutely 100% a false rumored, started by another range in a show of poor professionalism. The owner at Rocket Guns & Shoot To Thrill is actually enjoying an excellent start to the year from what I've heard.
    I heard it was a disgruntled ex employee

Last edited:
    Top Bottom