• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yes. I never understood the "low price guarantee" since everything in there costs far more than I can get it anywhere else.

lures people thinking they can go in and change the price. The stores no darn well that most people are too lazy to go through the process and would rather just pay the extra $2/box. Then add the fine print the stores have in place to make it even more difficult, boom gander mountain gets away with over charging you. eventually capitalism works out and gander go bankrupt. Then the cycke continues elsewhere....

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You don’t have to go far to see this phenomenon. Just go to the INGO classifieds to see ridiculous asking prices for used firearms. There have even been some classified ads with prices for used commonly available guns that are at or very close to new prices available from places like Buds Guns. Simply silly. Why buy used when you can buy new for a few dollars more!

1. Been there and done that on a S/W 642 .38 hammerless snubbie at Cabelas over a year ago (sold this week b/c of my discovery of the Ruger LCR's .357 better trigger and recoil making it more accurate for me).
    2. Also, on a S/W .22LR Compact I bought about a year ago at Rural King (sold 2 weeks ago b/c I discovered I like heavy metal in my .22s rather than polymer).
    3. I bought both new b/c used prices were $150ish dollars more for the 642 used (I ran, not walked to Cabelas: got a tip here on INGO), and the Compact I just never saw used hardly (at the time) or they were asking over new price ($300 at the time, which was the same for the Smith 642).

Top Bottom