• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Now, is there any reason to stay away from the Nova?
    If you are short.

Back when the Nova's first came out my opinion was if a person did not own a pump gun yet, for the money the Nova's were the best and they still are. No I don't own a Nova, have shot plenty of them. I am an 870 and Winchester guy since the 60's but if I were going to put a new shooter on a pump and they were not short it would be hard to say buy an Express when the Nova is right there.

Now, this in no way compares to buying used WINGMASTERS which is what smart people do but clearly you bought an Express. Today's Express shotguns are not "your Grandfathers express shotguns." Not at all.

The Nova problem is once you buy it, you are done. So if the gun fits you as is, in terms of LOP, there is no reason not to buy it. Are you at least 5'9" tall? Spare barrels can be outrageous for any Benelli. It is almost cheaper to buy two guns in stead of one gun and two barrels. This true of almost any Benelli under $1k in price. I think it is in intentional. Aftermarket parts are not a game you play with Benelli's and expect to go cheap. Also just not as flexible as an 870, Mossberg or Winchester.

If you want a one and done gun and you like the Nova it is a great do all gun. Easy to add mercury recoil reducer and flawless gun in general.

Top Bottom