• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Update: I was told that my 3 MONTH old revolver is showing normal wear and tear although it's been carried maybe 5 total days of that 3 months. If that's their idea of normal wear, I will steer clear of SW in the future, because that quality level of finish is a slap to the customers face.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    You'd think with today's competitive market that companies would do their best to keep customers happy. Sounds like S&W is just relying on their name to sell products and not match it with the quality. Ruger won't mind having you as a customer though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You'd think with today's competitive market that companies would do their best to keep customers happy. Sounds like S&W is just relying on their name to sell products and not match it with the quality. Ruger won't mind having you as a customer though.

You would think. My personal experience with S&W customer service has been pretty discouraging. I have only ordered parts, but I needed a new hammer for my model 60 and when it was said and done, I believe I could have chiseled one out of a block of metal in the time it took to get it. I also ordered a couple of magazines and it took so long that by the time they arrived I had forgotten that I had ordered them.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    ... I also ordered a couple of magazines and it took so long that by the time they arrived I had forgotten that I had ordered them.

Yeah, but isn't it fun when you get a surprise delivery like that?

And this whole thing about Hoppe's is news to me. I've yet to have a problem, including on a S&W Airweight. Just been lucky, I guess.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, but isn't it fun when you get a surprise delivery like that?

And this whole thing about Hoppe's is news to me. I've yet to have a problem, including on a S&W Airweight. Just been lucky, I guess.
    It would have been a lot more fun had I not bought a bunch of lightly used magazines from another INGO member long enough after the failure to deliver I forgot about the order. Had they been AR or M14 mags, it would be different, but you only need so many for a 645. :):

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I bought this gun for summer carry. Carried it today and sweated on it (I work outside), and now the finish looks like it has snails trails all over it and is bubbling and peeling where I wiped sweat off. I called again and got the same response... They can look at it, but will charge me money to send it back if I decline to pay for a refinish, if found not under warranty. And the way they fixate on my single use of Hoppes, I guarantee they won't cover it under warranty.
    19208CC7-9082-4889-8EBA-72BAA4B211B1_zps1tfe9v6k.jpg

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have a 629 that I shot in IHMS and had to send it back to have the frame replaced because of top strap cutting. I got it back and shooting did the same thing to it again. It wasn't as bad as the first time and I didn't have any where near the rounds through it that the first one did. I explained that to them and they sent the gun back saying that it was fine and nothing was wrong with it.

It has now been put in rotation for hunting because I am afraid to shoot it much. Every time it's fired it cuts the top strap a little more.

I have a old 4" 629 that has almost no top strap cutting. Now it don't have the rounds through it that the other one has or do I use the mag loads that I put through the other one. I would say that they are no longer made to put a lot of mag loads through them any more.

They come out with a new 44mag that is a 5 shot and I thought I would get one till I heard that they don't hold up.

I will no longer buy a new S&W. I will only buy old ones made before 1970. As far as customer service goes, I think they forgot what it means.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have an issue with my newest M&P 9mm. Have sent multiple emails, but guess I need to just block out time to call. Very frustrating in today's day and age not to get a response back, even if it was just an automated reply.

My 642 has a peeling issue. Never used Hoppes on it as I no longer have any. My guess is it was from sweat getting into the ankle holster.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have an issue with my newest M&P 9mm. Have sent multiple emails, but guess I need to just block out time to call. Very frustrating in today's day and age not to get a response back, even if it was just an automated reply.

My 642 has a peeling issue. Never used Hoppes on it as I no longer have any. My guess is it was from sweat getting into the ankle holster.

Make sure you have at least an hour available. My calls have ranged from about 30 to 90 minutes on hold with an average in the 45 to 60 minute range.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Make sure you have at least an hour available. My calls have ranged from about 30 to 90 minutes on hold with an average in the 45 to 60 minute range.

That is just crazy. I will have to get an extension cord for my phone as my luck would have it go dead right when I heard a person.

So I am just wasting my time with the emails then...

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I'm thinking of Cerakoting the frame. The stainless parts are fine as is, but the frame will oxidize of the finish keeps deteriorating.
    Ive contacted Allen M about his services. I've heard Cerakoting will wear off, but so will any finish, I expect it to be 1000 times more durable than SW factory finish though.

Top Bottom