• ...and so much more!
  • ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    MAK 90

I agree with all indykid is telling you! I would approach that cleaning the same! You my friend got the AK deal of the year so far! You can also use a US made gas piston towards 922 Compliant so you can keep the FCG the Chinese triggers are sweet! Congrats and enjoy!:ar15:

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    That is a fantastic buy my friend.

Personally, I would not invest money in a stock set or re-bluing it. Everyone "debans" them. Right now it's stock and it has personality. I would just clean it up really well and leave it as-is. A good, budget, blaster.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Great job man that thing is one heck of a good deal. I would wipe it down and keep it the way it is just use and beat the crap out of it because it is a $130 gun have fun with it and if it ever gets worse or past the point of no return someone will buy it for what you paid. Nice catch again thou.

jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    I took it out last night and it shoots really good, it has alot smoother action than i thought it would, pretty accurate too, definetly got my moneys worth, just need some mags, and whole lot more ammo, gonna check out the gun show here this weekend and see what i can pickup. Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it!

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Congrats man that's a really good deal on a really solid AK, granted it looks pretty rough at the moment but a little work & it'll clean up just fine.

The first 922(r) that I converted was on a MAK90, I've had it for about 20 years or so now & I still love the thing.

Photo of mine:
    forsale006.jpg

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I took it out last night and it shoots really good, it has alot smoother action than i thought it would, pretty accurate too, definetly got my moneys worth, just need some mags, and whole lot more ammo, gonna check out the gun show here this weekend and see what i can pickup. Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it!

If you don't find what you need at the gun show, check out AIM surplus. They have Yugo surplus ammo for pretty cheap, and mags for under $10 each. They are usually one of the better deals around on AK stuff. Very fair shipping prices too (comes from Ohio). I don't work for them or get anything from them.. just like to spread the word about places that are known to do us right.

jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    Well, I went to the gunshow and found myself a new 30 rnd. mag and a buddy gave me a 40 rnd mag for freeeeee. took it apart the other day and wore myself out gettin the rust off. Now im working on the furniture, sande down the stalk but still need to do the fore grips, gonna go with the original stuff for now. Ill pst progress pics later.

Top Bottom