Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is burning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Conspiracies abound already.

Even high profile people like Shep Smith of Fox News are alluding to it.

Shepard Smith cuts off French Elected Official after he brings up fact that Churches in France have been desecrated in past year.

“Of course you will hear the story of the politically correct which will tell you it is probably an accident"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    some takes.

just because you can tweet edgy nonsense, doesn't mean you should

D4N6t9CW0AE9izb.png:small

D4N6yWiX4AAbZsD.png:small

D4N7Cb1W4AEvCjY.png:small

D4N7VI3W0AAYDhF.png:small

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’ve been driving from the Cleveland area back to Indianapolis as this all happened. I just stopped to view some of the images. Almost incomprehensible.

And now Parisians watch helplessly to see if their own twin towers will fall... I heard the bells inside weigh up to 20 tons each, the same bells which rang for the victims of 9/11.

The whole thing is almost surreal.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is a tragic loss. I am very moved by this devastation. Sylvain, I am so sorry for what you country must be going though!

I was there and the pictures I took could not do it justice.

AP reports that 400 firefighters battled the blaze through the night. https://apnews.com/73404d09773740f699d4b92933abec50

When I see a verifiable fund set up I'll donate.

I hope they got the relics out.

Regards,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not a Catholic, and I know that (most likely) the fire was accidental and related to the renovations as reported, but there's a little part of me that can't help but feel like it's something out of a Dan Brown novel. Seeing the spire fall, just seemed... I dunno... ominous somehow.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are some REALLY deranged people in the world. On all sides!:noway:

Not surprised. Our church received this Facebook PM last week apparently after our holy week ad landed on this lovely lady's timeline:
    "sick to death of seeing all you f***ing christians in my news feed. sick b******s"

I'm not a Catholic, and I know that (most likely) the fire was accidental and related to the renovations as reported, but there's a little part of me that can't help but feel like it's something out of a Dan Brown novel. Seeing the spire fall, just seemed... I dunno... ominous somehow.

And the timing is surreal as well. Holy week of all times. The only thing more ironic would be if it had started this Friday.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    The Vatican has 100 acres of vaults with 'Priceless' artifacts, but they will be begging for money again...

I'm sure the restoration company insurance is hiding assets so they aren't broke after the lawsuits.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Was just in there last fall. One of the most beautiful and breathtaking places we've ever been in. Actually brought us to tears. This is so sad but they will rebuild it. It may take a generation but it will be done is my belief. Not the first time for this marvel of the world.

Top Bottom