• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I haven't been out yet. Spent yesterday in the gravel under my mower/conditioner for repairs.

With my luck the edges of my field are full of branches again.

We must have not had the brunt of it, the wind chimes were only hanging at 45 degrees...

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I didn't notice any damage to my house, but it was still kinda dark when I left for work. I did however lose all the straw that I blew over my back yard after seeding it this weekend. Guess I get to blow another 15 bales this weekend.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Acorn grill was flipped over and pushed against my fence. Vinyl siding pieces loose and neighbors tree toppled.
    Still assessing any other damage though.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We're 6 miles southeast of downtown Mooresville and although the wind blew like hell and we moved the girls and bug out bag to the utility room we don't even have so much as a tree branch out of place this morning. On the drive to Greenwood I didn't see any evidence at all of the storms impact, I guess for the most part we were very lucky.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Amazing that I have heard of nobody being hurt.....I have not looked at my car yet to see if the tree limbs left a mark. GFGT, daggone.........hope you get your power back soon!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We live near-ish to Greenwood HS. And here, honestly, it ended up being much ado about nothing. I think that our little street was spared; or the houses on the other side took the brunt and sheltered ours. My damned Bradford pear tree is still standing...

But not too far away from us in a few different directions - bad news. Someone on the Johnson County Road Conditions FB page I follow posted a pic of what certainly looked to be a funnel cloud on the north edge of Franklin.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I got lucky here on the SW side of Bloomington. Between watching the radar and what was going on outside I could see (and hoped/prayed) an opening in the front that would stay me from the worst of it. I had some hail, small, and wind but nothing like what was predicted for most of the area.
    That must have been the most amazing lighting storm that I have ever seen. It was like a rock show coming at me and then all around me. WOW. Funny thing though, I was not seeing direct hits but more like upper level lightning.
    Sorry for Mooresville and Franklin and others I haven't heard about yet. Terrible time for this to happen.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Franklin township area, watched the lightning in the northeast for a while before the wind hit. It was intense but only strait line. I could see our NE facing 5x6ft double pane window in the living room flex as the wind pushed against it. Only lasted about 10 minutes but the first 3-5 was the worst. Will have to check on my Dad in Columbus as he's out in the sticks on a hill.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    These are the photos I shared in the OSUT last night...pulled them from a story on Facebook. Not my photos.

Downtown Mooresville

lJDHLJh.jpg

anaQgNt.jpg

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    We are in Greenwood about half a mile west of the high school. Most serious wind we have experienced here in years. The wife and I hunkered down in a closet. No damage in our immediate vicinity that I could see this morning. I really expected to see vinyl siding loose or trees blown over.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We live near-ish to Greenwood HS. And here, honestly, it ended up being much ado about nothing. I think that our little street was spared; or the houses on the other side took the brunt and sheltered ours. My damned Bradford pear tree is still standing...

But not too far away from us in a few different directions - bad news. Someone on the Johnson County Road Conditions FB page I follow posted a pic of what certainly looked to be a funnel cloud on the north edge of Franklin.
    Yeah it hit whiteland/new whiteland then went down to Franklin.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We got lucky. Really hard wind, blowing the wrong way, that sounded like a train to the north of us. No damage, but power was out for 9 hours.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Found out what a true SHTF situation would most likely be like. Power went out here in Westfield about 9:00PM due to what I was told was 37 electric poles down about a mile west of me. Looking out in all directions was darkness.

Then I took out my cell phone to find out the cell tower must have been taken down too as I had no service, and unable to connect to anything even using cell data. All communications down, sirens everywhere, heavy rain, hail and wind left me feeling happy to know that this wasn't a true SHTF situation, but it would most likely be exactly that.

Power along with cell service was restored to my segment about 10 hours later, the power grid my mother lives in, a full half mile north of mine was off until noon, 15 hours total and I have been told many in Westfield are still waiting.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Power is still out. About once, maybe twice a year, I wish we had a generator. About once every 5-8 years I wish we had a whole house generator. This is shaping up to be the latter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Power is still out. About once, maybe twice a year, I wish we had a generator. About once every 5-8 years I wish we had a whole house generator. This is shaping up to be the latter.

Wow, that sucks GFGT. Power outages here (for more than a few hours) are pretty rare, but I do want to get something that will at least keep the bare minimum (refrigeration being the main concern) going. To me it's always been like a snow blower. Yeah when we get a foot of wet snow, I'd REALLY like to have one, but 99% of the time I don't need a snow blower. I don't have a lot of storage space, but I'm leaning toward at least a big (still not whole house) generator.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Took power out from 9:45pm to 5:30am here. Snapped 2 trees in my yard, one smashing my truck and the other landed on my roof punching 2 holes in the ceiling. Luckily no one was hurt.
    Tree service came and removed the trees from everything and will be back later to clean up the rest. Real busy right now. Guy is coming to assess the roof and do temp repairs. Took before pictures for insurance while I wait on an adjuster.

Pike County.

Top Bottom