• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]NWS officially declared it was an F1 tornado that touched down in downtown Mooresville. They actually have school busses blocking the roads to keep traffic out of the area. It’s a mess.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yup, do a little research on them, they're pure garbage.

They are garbage, but surprisingly, make good firewood. And for being as brittle as they are, the wood is hard to split. I had a couple of big logs that have been down a couple of years and as I was organizing my woodpile the other day, I went to try and split them with a maul and it was a no-go.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Took power out from 9:45pm to 5:30am here. Snapped 2 trees in my yard, one smashing my truck and the other landed on my roof punching 2 holes in the ceiling. Luckily no one was hurt.
    Tree service came and removed the trees from everything and will be back later to clean up the rest. Real busy right now. Guy is coming to assess the roof and do temp repairs. Took before pictures for insurance while I wait on an adjuster.

Pike County.

Well, the guy I called to look at the roof showed up without a ladder and excuses why it was more than he was wanting to do while bragging on how good he was. :rolleyes: Just tell me on the phone you are too busy instead of wasting my time! :xmad:

Got another recommendation and that place showed up, covered my 10 holes in the roof, and gave me an estimate. Now I wait on insurance adjuster.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    On my truck, the roof is smashed down. You can not move the seats forward because the headrests are behind the rear window. Adjuster called before looking and asked if I had a body shop preference. :laugh:. He requested I stay inside while he looked at it because of covid.

Waiting on the call to tell me if is totalled.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    NWS officially declared it was an F1 tornado that touched down in downtown Mooresville. They actually have school busses blocking the roads to keep traffic out of the area. It’s a mess.

One of the reported tornado's that touched down near Hwy267 I-70 is really close to my house, yet we had no wind gust above 35mph here at home, there was a significant barometric pressure drop though.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    One of the reported tornado's that touched down near Hwy267 I-70 is really close to my house, yet we had no wind gust above 35mph here at home, there was a significant barometric pressure drop though.

Crazy what tornadoes will do. About 15 years ago we had a F2 go right between our house and the neighbor's. The outside edge went right down our driveway. Near the edge of the woods about even with the top of the driveway I had some bird feeders hanging from a chain between two trees. I watched the nader come down off the ridge behind the house and go on down the hill. The bird feeders barely moved while 20 feet away big mature trees were being snapped off and pulled out of the ground then thrown like a kid's toys. I was standing just off the back porch about 100 feet from the edge of the woods. At best I felt a light breeze while the winds in the tornado were over 120.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Apparently it's more windy now this AM than it was during the bad storms the other day.

Also - my Bradford Pear yet stands. *sigh*

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Apparently it's more windy now this AM than it was during the bad storms the other day.

Also - my Bradford Pear yet stands. *sigh*
    Give it some time. The one at our old house lost a big section in 2012 (planted with the house in 2006). We let it grow out and had it shaped/thinned a couple times after and you couldn't even tell it lost a branch. It started to get big before we moved out in 2018. Had we stayed I would have had it cut back again but the new owners just let it grow. The last time I drove by it was a monster. One of our former neighbors said it didn't survive this storm. They are good for shade, but if you want it to stay, have it heavily thinned out every couple years paying special attention to the biggest vertical branches.

Top Bottom