• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'll give credit where credit due. Hough, you're an intelligent person. How many people do you think make a distinction between Democrats and Leftists?

I would say about the same number on the other side that make a distinction between Republicans and Fascists....Probably about 85 percent...But they (on both sides) tend to be the loudest...:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Morning Edition was all excited about an NRA member dropping his membership over the ad.

<iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/535920407/535920408" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player"></iframe>

:scratch:

Isn't that exactly what I said in the very first post?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The ad? I like it.

Dana? I'm ok with her too.
    Wish some days she'd drink less coffee. (Or maybe it's the super beets):rolleyes:
    The"us-vs-them" in the advert is a little too general but I get the sentiment.

Don't think she's that far off the mark about the tactics of the left.
    The numbnuts that canceled his membership either is a closet lefty who can't separate fact from his emotions, or doesn't understand what exactly it is we are fighting for.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't think the video goes too far at all, but is simply describing the reality of the Democratic strategy, which hasn't changed in over 150 years. I don't know why you would point a criticism at the NRA for simply telling the truth, I think the criticism belongs to the left. This video is a 100% objective and accurate depiction of the Democratic party, who have become so extreme and out of touch, even with their own people, that the truth, when it is told, may sound extreme to some. But that IS the strategy of the extreme left. Lie, attack, slander, then don the bandage and blame the wound on the other side.

What is sad is not that the NRA made the video, but that the video had to be made.

As far as the distinction between Democrats and leftists, that distinction only exists at the every-day-person level. As far as the party itself, there is no distinction, it has become a party of extremism.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think the video goes too far at all, but is simply describing the reality of the Democratic strategy, which hasn't changed in over 150 years. I don't know why you would point a criticism at the NRA for simply telling the truth, I think the criticism belongs to the left. This video is a 100% objective and accurate depiction of the Democratic party, who have become so extreme and out of touch, even with their own people, that the truth, when it is told, may sound extreme to some. But that IS the strategy of the extreme left. Lie, attack, slander, then don the bandage and blame the wound on the other side.

What is sad is not that the NRA made the video, but that the video had to be made.

As far as the distinction between Democrats and leftists, that distinction only exists at the every-day-person level. As far as the party itself, there is no distinction, it has become a party of extremism.

And with that, I rest my case.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And with that, I rest my case.

IKR?

I wonder if he tells the left how wrong they are when they label him an extremist?

Left, right; republican, democrat - the argument is always the same, "They lie and do evil things and say X to get their people to do Y! Because they are the sheep, but I know the truth, and if I just shout the truth, they will all slap their heads and come to their senses."

The podcast I posted (You Are Not So Smart) definitely addresses this issue.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh. It accomplished its goal: People are watching it.

Related, I liked dana more before she got big.

Same with Rush and a few others.
    Now they are revenue streams that need to be maintained but I do like Dana most of the time.
    I want to hit the range with her.....:cool:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    **** NPR and the NRA snowflake who was offended. Boo hoo, muh broken heart...

"Going to far" might have been to demand that everyone who voted for the NFA in 1934 be disinterred, put on trial for treason, convicted and their corpses stacked at Four Corners for a period of no less than 84 years, one for each year we've had to suffer the NFA.

THAT might be "going to far". Not in my opinion, however...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Same with Rush and a few others.
    Now they are revenue streams that need to be maintained but I do like Dana most of the time.
    I want to hit the range with her.....:cool:

See, now that's what I miss - good 'ole Rush back in the GHWB days and early Clinton years. Ah, the days listening to Pro Choice update song...

[video=youtube;SFHWl-ZyRAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFHWl-ZyRAg[/video]

Man, the feminist hated that song, and I did love it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I told the NRA to shove it just six months after becoming a lifetime member. My membership is nothing to them. So, they can keep their caps, bags, jackets, stickers, and ongoing phone calls begging for more money to help because "they" want my guns. I will take the rights I have and defend them however I can, because I surely can't depend on the NRA to have my back.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well the NRA is not perfect or even near that, however it does have a large voice and its ratings of politicians is very influential in getting 2nd amendment supporters elected. More than a few leftest politicians have declared the damxx NRA cost them the election. THAT is well worth the support I give the NRA. As far as one NRA member objecting to the ad, big deal. The ads the left run are far more violent, full of misinformation etc. In my opinion the left has done far more actual riots and violence than all the gun owners in the USA in the last few years. However the mainstream media would never expose that as they belong to the same left. I LIKE the ad.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    look, for me personally, NRA has been lacking for many years, since their infamous "jack-booted thug" letter, which prompted bushie the first to renounce his NRA Life membership. I`ve much preferred GOA for some time because GOA seems to be more aggressive, more engaged in fighting legislation battles, and so on. If NRA wants to toughen up, and get back on track like this, I say good on them. I think CH would be proud of a more aggressive, more driven NRA. As a Life-Endowment member, I know I would.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    look, for me personally, NRA has been lacking for many years, since their infamous "jack-booted thug" letter, which prompted bushie the first to renounce his NRA Life membership. I`ve much preferred GOA for some time because GOA seems to be more aggressive, more engaged in fighting legislation battles, and so on. If NRA wants to toughen up, and get back on track like this, I say good on them. I think CH would be proud of a more aggressive, more driven NRA. As a Life-Endowment member, I know I would.

It is worth noting that the slimy little bastard didn't even have a membership of any type until he felt the need to get some street cred with conservatives before running for president in 1988, and then renounced it in such a way one would have though he had the thing since childhood.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    I droped the nra when I felt their coverage of the NFA rule change for trust was lacking. If its not the fuds they didnt seem to care. Now that suppresers are more main stream and manufactures are advertising in their magazines they seem to care more. Im under no illusions its all about the money. I prefer GOA. I like the add and if the NRA outs finally going to step up to the plate I may just eat my words from when I droped them and buy that life membership. But I will watch for backpedaling for a while first.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The liberals are giddy at finding this guy:
    How An NRA Ad Led A Member To Quit : NPR

He admits he was never a member by choice, but coerced into membership to join a gun club, nevertheless, he makes a good point. Personally, I find this commercial way to pandering, hyperbolic, divisive, simplistic, etc. I'd rather see them emphasize our heritage, but nothing raises money like scaring people...

[video=youtube;PrnIVVWtAag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrnIVVWtAag[/video]

Please point out to me which syllable she said was inaccurate in ANY way. You seem to have a problem with truth?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is worth noting that the slimy little bastard didn't even have a membership of any type until he felt the need to get some street cred with conservatives before running for president in 1988, and then renounced it in such a way one would have though he had the thing since childhood.

So why did Ronnie have street cred? He had a gun ban, appointed pro-choice justices, and legitimized millions of illegal immigrants. And even if you discount his administration's blatant treason, I'm still at a loss as to why he still held in such high regard by Conservatives.

Top Bottom