Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    NRA Basic Pistol

Date: March 24th
    Time: 9:00 am - 5 pm

(please plan to arrive at 8:30 so that group can start on time)

Location: Sandcreek Conservation Club, 9010 N CR 1000W, Elizabethtown, IN 47232

Cost: $100 ($50 for second attendee)
    *In order to encourage INGO members to bring spouses, friends or introduce new shooters to our sport, the cost for bringing a second person will be 1/2 price. So two people can attend for $150. We will provide handguns, ammunition, targets, NRA student packet and even plan on grilling some hotdogs. Students are welcome to bring their own handguns, firearms owners manuals, eye and ear protection & a something to share with the group as part of a potluck lunch.

This course will be co-conducted by 3 instructors and Sandcreek Conservation Club is a nice facility. If you are looking for a good course in Southern Indiana this is your chance!

Please PM VERT for more details.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    We are excited about being able to offer this class. Good opportunity to attend a pistol class in Southern, IN. Lot of interest so far.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Lot of interest in this class. We have 8 people signed up so far plus keeping some spaces open for members of the conservation club. So we are basically full. We can squeeze in one more couple. Better reserve your spot while you can.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Good luck with the class, Vert!

Thank you Rhino! I just got a PM with yet another husband and wife wanting to attend. Looks like we are going to have several families and a nice mix of experienced and new shooters. Going to be a lot of fun to introduce new people to the sport.

As of right now it looks like the class will be full. I will keep this thread open and updated. If somebody else would like to attend please let me know in case we have a cancellation. Also, if interest stays high we will be offering more learning opportunities in the future.

Nate

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Excellent news!

Are team teaching with anyone else from our class?

I wish! Great group of guys and gals.

Going to be teaming up with craigh and another instructor. Craigh and I are members at Sand Creek. He is an instructor at Hoosier Hills in Columbus and active at South Central. Craig has been trying to introduce NRA basic pistol to the area. Took a little team work but it looks like we are going to get the ball rolling. You would like these guys, they are engineers. Nice thing is that we have the same attitude/goal. That is to introduce new people to the guns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Going to be teaming up with craigh and another instructor. Craigh and I are members at Sand Creek. He is an instructor at Hoosier Hills in Columbus and active at South Central. Craig has been trying to introduce NRA basic pistol to the area. Took a little team work but it looks like we are going to get the ball rolling. You would like these guys, they are engineers. Nice thing is that we have the same attitude/goal. That is to introduce new people to the guns.

I think I've met craigh and I know I've been in many matches at South Central when he was there too.

NRA AP would be awesome. I would shoot it if they run it.

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus

Hey Vert,

Thanks for the kind words. Time is getting close and we are looking forward to the class. How may students do we have so far?

Hey Rino, hope to see you at South Central this Sunday...

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hey Vert,

Thanks for the kind words. Time is getting close and we are looking forward to the class. How may students do we have so far?

Hey Rino, hope to see you a South Central this Sunday...

Thanks,

Craig

13 registered so far and lots of interest for future classes.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Here is the short version as I Just got home from the class and have to pack for vacation here in a bit.

Vert, Gordon and Craig did a great job today. Even though I have been through this course many times before, it's always great to get a refresher and learn something new. Plus a chance to shoot some new guns. The wifey got a lot out of the course. The one thing she benefited from was sight picture and an easier way to load the weapon. Had a great time. If you get the opportunity to take the class, do it you will not be disappointed in the content or the instructors. Thank you to the instructors and the conservation club for letting us utilize such a nice facility.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thank you Hammer! This was our first time teaching together and a first for each of us with NRA basic pistol. We got off topic just a bit, but I think we could covered most of the required material. Looking over the test results we need to touch on sight adjustment and breathing a little more. Two exciting things:

1) you were the only INGOers there. I think we got some new converts.
    2) Lot of fun watching people who have never shot making hits at 15 yards with everything from a DAO j-frame to. 40 S&W service pistol. It really is as easy as putting the front sight on target and pressing the trigger.

Top Bottom