• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    As a new gun owner and not yet an NRA member, can anyone give a brief overview of what to expect? I've reviewed the website 2014 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits and to be honest it seems a bit overwhelming. What are the must see things if you only can make it for one day?

If you think it will be overwhelming, you are on the right track. I went to the one in St. Louis a couple years ago and it was amazing. I was only able to be there for one day, but I'm going to try to make it to at least two days this time. It took me half a day in St. Louis just to get my bearings. Basically all current production guns will be there to see and touch, lots of vintage collector guns on display, gun accessories such as lasers, lights, sights, scopes, holsters, safes, targets, etc. to see, manufacturer reps to talk to, celebrities signing autographs, gun raffles, NRA merchandise store, and just mingling with like-minded folks. (That's if you don't even go to any meetings, concerts, lectures, classes, etc.) You can't buy guns, but you can win one in the raffle that starts over every few minutes. If you like guns enough to read this forum, you'll like it. But it can be a little overwhelming.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The 2014 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits features over 600 of the most spectacular displays of firearms, shooting and hunting accessories in the world!

Spend the day exploring the products from every major firearm company in the country, book the hunt of a lifetime in our exclusive outfitter section, and view priceless collections of firearms in our gun collector area.
    You'll also see knives, wildlife art, shooting accessories, hunting gear, ATV's, and much more! Bring the whole family because with over 400,000 square feet of exhibit space, there's something for everyone.

Show Location:

Indiana Convention Center
    100 S Capitol Ave
    Indianapolis, IN 46225

The exhibit hall is FREE to NRA Members and their immediate family!
    Exhibit Hall Hours:
    Friday, April 25, 20149:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
    Saturday, April 26, 20149:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
    Sunday, April 27, 201410:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Immediate family are also free, Cool! I'll bring my sons. Both have firearms but are not yet NRA members. They will enjoy attending this.
    Registration Hours:
    Thursday, April 24, 20142:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
    Friday, April 25, 20148:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
    Saturday, April 26, 20148:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
    Sunday, April 27, 20149:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Immediate family is free is great info! Of course not 2 hours after I posted this, I got an email with the links to the website describing the festivities. For those of you who have been to one of these before, is there anything there not to miss?

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    An NRA member told my friend who plans on going but not yet a member said this convention was for MEMBERS only. I told him that guy was incorrect and if it were, that would be the dumbest thing for those who want to join but "on the fence". I would think the NRA would welcome newcomers who could see what a great experience it would be and join on the spot. So, is that NRA person wrong? Thanks!

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I hope my card comes in time. Can't believe some of the discounts given in the Life of Duty membership. Only day I can go is Friday and looks like I'm going by myself as everyone else works.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Looking at the website, I haven't found any pricing or anything about entry for non-members. I looks like to me, that you would have to join at the door to enter. Anybody know anything for sure? Thanks, Grizhicks

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Looking at the website, I haven't found any pricing or anything about entry for non-members. I looks like to me, that you would have to join at the door to enter. Anybody know anything for sure? Thanks, Grizhicks

Membership can be had for as little as $10.00. Although it is a basic membership it still gives you a card. And a regular membership can be had for only $25.00.
    You still have time to sign up online and get your card in time to attend.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XP028342

They will also have plenty of people working the sign-up tables to get non-members to become members so they can enter.

Remember admission is for the NRA Member and ALL immediate family members.

Join today!Help pull the wagon!

Definitely! Always room for more.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    As a former member of the NRA Board of Directors I can recommend the member's banquet on Saturday night. It is generally an impressive event. It is not yet listed on the website but is expected to be shortly.

Also, if you have a topic on which you wish to make your voice heard, attend the member's meeting itself on Saturday. Any member is free to address the membership at this meeting, and it CAN get lively at times.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    P.S.

For those who are not aware, meetings of the NRA Board of Directors are not only open to the membership but to the public at large, not only the one at the annual meeting but also the mid year meetings in DC. If memory serves they'll meet on Monday & Tuesday in a meeting room of the HQ hotel.

If you want to see your directors in action, this is your chance. Fair warning though...a lot of it is like watching paint dry. When I served we had over forty standing committees, and every one of them gives a report at this meeting. You did notice that I said they meet over TWO days, right? That's two days, 0900-1700, UNLESS the board is fighting about something. I attended one that went until 0500 the next day.

If you can stand it you're welcome.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I am trying to decide... I normally carry concealed, but should I OC a pretty 1911 for this special event? If I do I will need to get a nice leather holster. You can't carry your BBQ gun in a plastic holster.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Silly question, but will the exhibitors be selling their products at the trade show? Would it be possible for me to buy things like night sights and grips? Can they be installed? I understand safety rules would need to be in place.

Top Bottom