• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It should not affect the display area.

I asked the NRA not to have hin after the bump stock debacle.

I wonder what kind of reception he will get.

"Mr. President, last time you were here you said you were for the second amendment and then you outlawed bump stocks and made a lot of us criminals. What's with that?"

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just saw trump is coming Friday how’s the gfz gonna work :n00b:

That could be a bummer for me since that is the day I'm going. I was hoping to have fewer crowds and a less restricted access to the show. But we shall see how the venue is affected by his appearance.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know it was not a hill to die on, just one more itsy bitsy teenie weenie incremental infringement.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Look for the NRA-ILA Leadership forum in Lucas Oil Stadium to be controlled by the Secret Service prior to and until President Trump leaves. Same thing as Freedom Hall in Louisville in 2016. Exhibit hall won't be affected.

In other news, got my badge and lanyard today!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Look for the NRA-ILA Leadership forum in Lucas Oil Stadium to be controlled by the Secret Service prior to and until President Trump leaves. Same thing as Freedom Hall in Louisville in 2016. Exhibit hall won't be affected.

In other news, got my badge and lanyard today!

Good to hear. That's all I'm going for. Just to look at stuff.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just saw trump is coming Friday how’s the gfz gonna work :n00b:

I was at the Dallas NRAAM, in the Exhibit Hall, last year when Trump spoke. The only effect was that everyone stopped to watch him on the big screens that were set up throughout the hall. Since his event was sold out, they did a live feed into the Exhibit Hall. The event itself was the only thing that the SS were screening people for.

As soon as his event ended, the attendees came pouring out into the Exhibit Hall. I was in a side aisle near where they were exiting when it suddenly got crammed with people, and I kept bumping into these guys in suits with earpieces, and a bunch of other people shooting pics and vids with their phones. That's when I realized DJT Jr. was standing in the next booth looking at stuff.

BTW, I plan to be in the Exhibit Hall in Indy on Friday as well. See y'all there.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was at the Dallas NRAAM, in the Exhibit Hall, last year when Trump spoke. The only effect was that everyone stopped to watch him on the big screens that were set up throughout the hall. Since his event was sold out, they did a live feed into the Exhibit Hall. The event itself was the only thing that the SS were screening people for.

As soon as his event ended, the attendees came pouring out into the Exhibit Hall. I was in a side aisle near where they were exiting when it suddenly got crammed with people, and I kept bumping into these guys in suits with earpieces, and a bunch of other people shooting pics and vids with their phones. That's when I realized DJT Jr. was standing in the next booth looking at stuff.

BTW, I plan to be in the Exhibit Hall in Indy on Friday as well. See y'all there.

Keep an eye out for the INGO bling being sported by a few folks there. If they ask, "What's INGO?" they either got the shirt at a yard sale, or they're a Mod:laugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    But wait! I got a hat from my secret Santa one year!:):

Asking What's an INGO? while flashing the secret sign (not the super secret, or secret squirrel, or super secret-secret squirrel sign) is always acceptable. Unfortunately we've never decided what any of the secret signs actually are.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Asking What's an INGO? while flashing the secret sign (not the super secret, or secret squirrel, or super secret-secret squirrel sign) is always acceptable. Unfortunately we've never decided what any of the secret signs actually are.

I won't be wearing the hat, but I'll flash a sign. You should be able to pick me out.

Rickshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    My son and I attended the last Convention . It is a great event. Great to meet so many like minded people. If not an NRA member you need to join .

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I stood right next to Trump's kid with a loaded open carry pistol on my hip (NRAAM Louisville). I did not get tackled or sent away. I'm sure I was being watched as I could tell who was a body guard & who wasn't. I'm sure the Secret Service wouldn't allow Trump onto the convention floor knowing this.

When not working as a Firearms Inspector, I'll be roaming the show floor with my "Come take it - Bumpstock" t-shirt. :ar15:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just got home. My credentials are here.
    Me too, such as the credentials are.. Don't throw them away by mistake. No name or NRA ID number on them with small print saying this is your credentials.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Me too, such as the credentials are.. Don't throw them away by mistake. No name or NRA ID number on them with small print saying this is your credentials.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

I hope I kept the right piece of paper. Mine doesn't say anything about "credentials" Mine says "This badge is good for admittance..."

Top Bottom