• Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    What Emerson model did you get?

I didn't know they were selling stuff like a regular gun show.

Some booths sold items, and some didn't. I "don't think" ammo could be sold. And no firearms could be sold. Pretty much anything else was available.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Ron

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Some booths sold items, and some didn't. I "don't think" ammo could be sold. And no firearms could be sold. Pretty much anything else was available.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Ron

So it's just a place where they can show their new products? A bit like SHOT show?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Some things were for sale. Others not. Depended on the vendor.

For those who were selling, there were some with "special pricing" others not.

It really varied.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Horseman. I like the knife but i dont like the handles. Its like rough sandpaper so it doesnt slide and clip easily on my pocket.

You can remove the pocket clip and sand the part of the G10 scale that touches the clip until it's smooth.
    Some folks use epoxy too.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Really sorry I didn't make it to this. And it sounds like none of you "harassed" the kids that were downtown for prom that weekend LOL! My kids high school principal took it upon HIMSELF, to send out a mass email to all kids attending prom downtown that, and I quote "The NRA is hosting their annual convention this week, and many of the attendees will be carrying firearms, discussing gun policy, and gathered in public areas around downtown". "In order to REMAIN SAFE, we ask that you please be aware of your surroundings". Oh I'm sure he was just looking after the well being of his students, but no other emails like this have gone out until now. Hhhmmm.....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Really sorry I didn't make it to this. And it sounds like none of you "harassed" the kids that were downtown for prom that weekend LOL! My kids high school principal took it upon HIMSELF, to send out a mass email to all kids attending prom downtown that, and I quote "The NRA is hosting their annual convention this week, and many of the attendees will be carrying firearms, discussing gun policy, and gathered in public areas around downtown". "In order to REMAIN SAFE, we ask that you please be aware of your surroundings". Oh I'm sure he was just looking after the well being of his students, but no other emails like this have gone out until now. Hhhmmm.....
    I don’t guess you’d provide the name of the school and principal?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Those kids were a lot safer downtown for the prom this past weekend when the NRA was in town than any other weekend they could have chosen for the prom.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Your principal sounds like a real Nancy.
    Little does he know that the NRA convention was safest place during that weekend than all the schools in the U.S. combined.... ever.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You can remove the pocket clip and sand the part of the G10 scale that touches the clip until it's smooth.
    Some folks use epoxy too.
    You would think for $200 i wouldnt have to modify it to be able to carry it.
    Im just as happy with a $30 kershaw as i am a 200 or $300 ZT or emerson. I dont know why i buy more knives

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I was able to buy some stuff.

I picked up a MagPump AR mag loader (which seems pretty slick) for $50 off normal retail. I bought a CAA Micro Roni for my buddy, also at a good discount, and I also bought a Black Aces Tactical Pro Series S shockwave semi-auto 12ga (now granted, they shipped that to a local FFL for me from their warehouse, but I did pay for it at the show). Plus I got a bunch of swag from various places.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You would think for $200 i wouldnt have to modify it to be able to carry it.
    Im just as happy with a $30 kershaw as i am a 200 or $300 ZT or emerson. I dont know why i buy more knives

I have a Kershaw/Emerson.Emerson design but Kershaw price and quality.
    They use a smoother G10 compared to what Emerson is using.

PinoyJedi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Indianapolis NWside
    It was a great show, mine and my buddies first. It was a bit overwhelming that first day but we had an awesome time.

I was able to pick up a few things, all at "show pricing" which was very nice.

Threaded barrel from EFK for my G19
    C+G holster for my LifeCard
    Kryptek rifle bag
    Advance kit accessories for my MCK Roni
    Another Nexbelt (leather)
    CobraTec OTF knife
    Plus all the swag (tees, hats, patches, stickers, pins etc)

I think for me the most fun was talking to all the smaller exhibitors. Got to meet and talk to the guys from Trailblazer Firearms, the guys at the CAA booth were great, and got my hands on the Ideal Conceal Cellphone gun.

Can't wait for Nashville!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Oh yeah, I also became accidentally Instagram famous. I went to the EFK booth and asked a guy standing behind the display if they had a threaded barrel for a Sig P320 XFive and it turns out the guy was there doing a thing for his podcast and asked me if I wanted to win a prize. Turns out I just had to say I was rooting for him. No clue for what, but I'm a pretty friendly guy, so I'm okay with rooting for people I don't know. :):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzAz19HuxK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Still not exactly sure who that guy is, but I got some free shooting glasses and a tumbler, as well as a hat, so that works for me. :cool:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Someone should mention how this happens every year, and there are no crime spikes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh yeah, I also became accidentally Instagram famous. I went to the EFK booth and asked a guy standing behind the display if they had a threaded barrel for a Sig P320 XFive and it turns out the guy was there doing a thing for his podcast and asked me if I wanted to win a prize. Turns out I just had to say I was rooting for him. No clue for what, but I'm a pretty friendly guy, so I'm okay with rooting for people I don't know. :):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzAz19HuxK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Still not exactly sure who that guy is, but I got some free shooting glasses and a tumbler, as well as a hat, so that works for me. :cool:

So, you perform services for strangers, in exchange for goods.

Top Bottom