• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I understand INGO will be a 2A-centric place, but there are other important issues out there.

The other issues are a moot point. The country is in shambles. "Civil unrest" is seeming more and more likely as the numerous divisions of our citizens split everyone further and further. Having the ability to defend oneself is more pressing than anything regarding fiscal policy and responsibility.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The other issues are a moot point. The country is in shambles. "Civil unrest" is seeming more and more likely as the numerous divisions of our citizens split everyone further and further. Having the ability to defend oneself is more pressing than anything regarding fiscal policy and responsibility.

This isn't the first time the country has been threat with civil unrest. And to be honest, it doesn't rank very high at all considering other instances. In other words, the sky isn't falling, so we can give attention to other issues besides the second amendment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Smirconish interviewed someone about Garland, and it turns out he knows him personally. Bottom line he said the guy tends to favor precedence, establishment, and law enforcement, but would certainly move the court left as an incrementalist. On gun control, he said a lot of what's been said says more than reality bears. He would probably tend towards the anti-gun side. The interviewee doubted Garland would vote to overturn Heller, however. But if other decisions incrementally moved precedence in that direction, he could probably vote then to overturn it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Confiscation is only possible when you give them back.

No, confiscation would be insanely easy if you had the right plan. Grandfather all current owners, and make them declare their firearms. Upon death, their firearms go to the state for destruction. If a person is found with an unregistered firearm, that's a charge. If you know of someone with an unregistered arm, and report them, you get $100 for each firearm recovered.
    See, easy. People running govt aren't idiots. If those in charge wanted to be tyrants, they easily could. There simply aren't enough liberty minded people anymore to put up a good fight.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No, confiscation would be insanely easy if you had the right plan. Grandfather all current owners, and make them declare their firearms. Upon death, their firearms go to the state for destruction. If a person is found with an unregistered firearm, that's a charge. If you know of someone with an unregistered arm, and report them, you get $100 for each firearm recovered.
    See, easy. People running govt aren't idiots. If those in charge wanted to be tyrants, they easily could. There simply aren't enough liberty minded people anymore to put up a good fight.
    Never underestimate your elders. We have more money, more ammo, and know that we won't live forever.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    What happens when we die? They know we'll eventually die.
    Everybody dies, The prepared get to pick which hill it will be on.

If it ever comes to confiscation, the constitution is dead, and so are the rules.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

How much are you willing to bet?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Everybody thinks they'll be the exception. Govt for the past 100 years has proven them wrong.

I don't know what you mean but I see you didnt make a wager.

It's like in chess when the threat of action is often more useful than actually taking the action.

I don't think desire is stopping them from confiscation. Well maybe their desire to be perceived as powerful. Australia comes to mind. I don't think it's benevolence which stays their hand.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This isn't the first time the country has been threat with civil unrest. And to be honest, it doesn't rank very high at all considering other instances. In other words, the sky isn't falling, so we can give attention to other issues besides the second amendment.

Which issues take precedence here?

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

You seen to have this all figured out... Which side are you on?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know what you mean but I see you didnt make a wager.

It's like in chess when the threat of action is often more useful than actually taking the action.

I don't think desire is stopping them from confiscation. Well maybe their desire to be perceived as powerful. Australia comes to mind. I don't think it's benevolence which stays their hand.

Was that a bet? I have no idea how you see it working, but ok, let's bet on something hypothetical that hasn't been put into motion.
    I don't think govt wants to disarm us, we're very far away from that point, but I do think "they" and that's both parties would be ok with restricting us.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom