• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Who apparently had better tactics that day! Wait until the fellow with superior skills and speed is drunk and not paying attention, then sneak-up on him and do what you need to do. Very effective!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I want to go to the NRA convention someday, but I don't want to do all the walking.

Maybe I'll get one of those jazzy/lark/etc scooters and weather the scorn and derision of yet another fat guy riding a scooter!

In Indy in 2014.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Should I reserve my scooter now?

Did they prohibit carry guns this year? Will they in Indy?

Yes. There were signs up that the Convention center prohibited them always. It will depend on Indy I think but it is likely. There were officers around and security people. No one was searched that I was aware of. I did not even take a gun since we drove through the People's Republic of Illinois and Jake is likely wanted there, and he was driving. I just cannot afford the arrest at this time.:)

Had my knives, charming wit, and bare hands. Made it through but was in a bad mood about it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It really bothers and disappoints me that the NRA convention continues to forbid people from carrying guns while attending. They have lots of excuses, but none of them are even the least bit compelling, at least in states where carry is otherwise lawful. I can't think of many worse messages they could send to their membership.

Yeah (and this is for those who don't know me well enough to know this already), that is more than enough to stop me from attending.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It really bothers and disappoints me that the NRA convention continues to forbid people from carrying guns while attending. They have lots of excuses, but none of them are even the least bit compelling, at least in states where carry is otherwise lawful. I can't think of many worse messages they could send to their membership.

Yeah (and this is for those who don't know me well enough to know this already), that is more than enough to stop me from attending.

I hear you loud and clear and I harbor some of those same feelings. I dare say that their policy is at least taut if not hard and fast. I cannot imagine there is a place to hold such and event that would allow carry. There may be cities where convention centers or stadiums would allow it but I doubt it.

I was disappointed not to be allowed to carry while there to say the least. I was also disappointed by the professional shooters demonstrations going on as well. They were breaking a couple of the four cardinal rules of gun safety in thier demonstrations. Travis Tomasie point his gun at me a couple of times. I hate going to gun stores for the same reason. All guns are always loaded. Period.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It wasn't just the convention center, every place we saw down around that area and resturants down on the landing had signs up. They didn't look new either, so I don't think that they were just put up for this past weekend

On Max's demo he asked a person from the audience to verify it was clear, adn explained that his firearm was nonfunctioning

We walked up on Todd's and Travis after they had started. Todd did address it when someone from the audience asked if he had it checked and he confirmed that it was done at the begining of his demo

Not sure with how the set ups were if there is a way to avoid sweeping someone

As for carry, yeah I get it but there is a another side to consider

Someone pulling out there hot weapon to show to a manufacturer rep and the next thing you have is a AD, and the show shut down only adding fuel to the anti's fire

Last edited:
    Top Bottom