• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe they should not have invited him.
    I’m already seeing tweets and posts about the hypocrisy.

With th all the good guys with guns, it ought to be the safest place on earth. Etc.

self inflicted political wound.

Thank you. I would think there would be a number of "die hards" that would have a problem with this, and see it as possibly undermining their stance.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    During Mike Pence's upcoming attendance at this year's NRA Convention (Dallas) the Secret Service will not allow firearms in the Convention Center. Does this make the Convention Center a "gun free zone," and what are your thoughts on this, specifically, NRA members? Would you have preferred that the NRA decline to have him speak, to prove a point? And do you consider this a bit hypocritical?
    When Trump was In Louisville, only the part he was speaking at was a GFZ, not sure if Dallas’ venue is the same or different. It’s also not the first time the convention has been a GFZ, if I recall one of the Carolinas had it in a state mandated GFZ, or some similar circumstance?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When Trump was In Louisville, only the part he was speaking at was a GFZ, not sure if Dallas’ venue is the same or different. It’s also not the first time the convention has been a GFZ, if I recall one of the Carolinas had it in a state mandated GFZ, or some similar circumstance?
    My wife and I had tickets to the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum prior to (then candidate) Trump received Secret Service protection. Freedom Hall was the only GFZ part of the fairgrounds. I didn't like leaving the Glock in the trunk, but I never do.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Guns banned from NRA event for Pence's safety. Parkland survivors ask, why not for us?

The NRA needs to tell the Secret Service NO!!!

Vice President Pence is welcome to come speak, if he chooses. However, we DON'T condone gun free zones. Take it or leave it.

When you invite the VP you should already know the Secret Service will want to be the only ones armed there. What the Parkland students seem to forget is Pence has an armed security detail that will defend him while they did not.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    When you invite the VP you should already know the Secret Service will want to be the only ones armed there. What the Parkland students seem to forget is Pence has an armed security detail that will defend him while they did not.

Yep. The NRA Leadership Forum will be fat from a GFZ during Pence’s speech.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    It’s also not the first time the convention has been a GFZ, if I recall one of the Carolinas had it in a state mandated GFZ, or some similar circumstance?
    I seem to remember that the convention in Milwaukee WI was at the time not carry friendly.
    They had signs posted at the entrances along with having to walk thru the "protesters".
    I think St. Louis was also at the time a no carry place.
    Indy was the first place I carried in the convention.
    It doesn't make me happy when I can't, but as a law abiding citizen, I comply.
    Anyplace the Secret Service shows up will be heavily restricted on anything you can have.
    When that she-witch HRC showed up at my workplace one time, security was unreal.
    We got our IDs and our work badges checked a couple of times and were restricted what we could carry to the meeting.
    I was allowed to use the company camera, but not allowed to use a personal one.
    Snipers were in the roof rafters and the guys with the earbuds were everywhere.
    It is a shame that individuals have taken seeing anyone of high importance to this level, but I guess this is the world we live in now.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I remember going to the Louisville convention in '08 and being disarmed. Didn't sit too well with me back then either.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Aren't guns banned in schools in Parkland, FL?

Same rules are already in place, right?

How'd that work out?

I'll tell you (them) what - if you want to raise Parkland, FL property taxes sky high and have SS level security details at every school, I'll be happy to allow it to be a GFZ. Deal?

The NRA needs to tell the Secret Service NO!!!

Vice President Pence is welcome to come speak, if he chooses. However, we DON'T condone gun free zones. Take it or leave it.
    That'll float like a lead balloon.

I say allow it to be a GFZ. If someone is smuggling in a gun, I'm pretty sure it's not my life that's in danger. Admittedly, I'm not so into mye riiiiites that I can't be practical - I carry a gun for protection, and given the situation, I don't see any risk that me carrying a gun can mitigate in that situation.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I met Trump Jr. last year in Atlanta. I was carrying my glock and the security detail didn't say or do anything. This was in the main exhibit hall with all the vendors though.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    There are some venues that the SS isn't able to control as well as they'd like. There are others where they've got time to prep and set it up the way they prefer.

In the end, the SS is only responsible for their protected party and don't care about anyone else around them. That's their job...

I was told by someone whom has had discussions with the SS about when they had (then candidate) Pence at an event where they didn't announce his arrival. The SS asked my friend if he knew of anyone in the facility whom was armed. My friend chuckled and replied, "Several." The SS agent explained that you take care of your's and we'll take care of our's.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FedEx drops NRA deal by snail-mail

...NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Mass shootings happen in an instant and grab headlines. A business and investment shift away from the firearms industry is happening more subtly. FedEx, the U.S. shipping group, is ending a program that offers discounts for business members of the National Rifle Association, the company confirmed to Breakingviews.

It’s a quiet reversal: eight months ago, FedEx stood by the gun-rights lobby group as other companies scrapped deals. They were reacting to the NRA’s stance after 17 students and staff members were murdered at a Florida high school by a former student. Companies including Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and car-rental firm Enterprise swiftly ended member discounts. At the time, FedEx said that while assault rifles of the kind used in most American mass shootings shouldn’t be in civilian hands, it did not believe in “discriminating” between organizations it works with...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No problem.
    I will add FedEx to the list of losers that don't get money from me, my family and the friends that I've given my list to. :noway:

Top Bottom