NWI 2010 Meet & Shoot End of Year Review.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Remove WW2 from the equation & America would have remained isolated (it did not go into the war by choice recall it did not want anything to do with that war until HI got hit. Europe was ahead in terms of industry, we probably would have caught up and perhaps surpassed them but the devastation of the war gave us a big lead after the fact.

That is what I am talking about in terms of coasted. We have not been a superpower for long.

Eh, it's still not quite true. Who are your European superpowers? Spain? We beat them in Cuba. Germany? Go ask Kaiser Wilhelm II. England? France? We had long since passed them as a "superpower." As to out tenure as a world leader, this country is 235 years old (since we declared ourselves thus and so). We've been a world leader for conservatively 75 years of that. That's about 1/3 of our time on the world stage. Not bad.

I think you are generally confusing WW1 and WW2. We did not just stumble by Europe because of WW2. Europe has been at war for the better part of 1200 years. You think the Middle East has conflict, check out or continental neighbors to the immediate east, they're a mess. To be fair, in the beginning, and throughout, it really was not a certainty that we would defeat the Germans, but remember, Hitler didn't want us in the War.

America was a World power prior to WW2, we became the World power after it.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I tried to Rep you for this but it says I must spread my Rep-Fu around before I can give you any more.

I kind of surprised myself. As to the rep, it's the thought that counts, you're obviously just too giving an individual.

I tried to rep you back...it said I have to spread a little around first.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I tried to Rep you for this but it says I must spread my Rep-Fu around before I can give you any more.

I kind of surprised myself. As to the rep, it's the thought that counts, you're obviously just too giving an individual.

I tried to rep you back...it said I have to spread a little around first.

Why don't you both just rep me then you should be able to rep each other again. :laugh:

Top Bottom