• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    ah the only part of the coming winter that I enjoy is the changing of the leaves.... but most years they don't get all colorful before they just fall off and die...

hhhmhmmmm wonder if Brown County is in their changing of the leaves time yet... Couldn't afford the annual Knob Creek trip but maybe a fast shoot down to Nashville for some coffee and some pictures....

So my cabling guy isn't answering again... you guys might find me on the range at PB again today....

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    ah the only part of the coming winter that I enjoy is the changing of the leaves.... but most years they don't get all colorful before they just fall off and die...

hhhmhmmmm wonder if Brown County is in their changing of the leaves time yet... Couldn't afford the annual Knob Creek trip but maybe a fast shoot down to Nashville for some coffee and some pictures....

Make sure you take something special in case you find one of those poison ropes! https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/440673-huge-rattlesnake-brown-county.html

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Had another colonoscopy today.

Made sure that Jedi was not in the vicinity before they started the sedation.

I know people who died needlessly because they refused to, or unnecessarily delayed, a colonoscopy. No need for that. The preparation is far worse than the procedure. I have a history of having polyps so I get to go back every 3 years to have them cut out before they become cancerous. Had more cut out today. Doctor said he didn't think they looked abnormal, so that is good news.

Seriously, if you are 50 or older and have been avoiding this you may be welcoming a painful death by delaying.

Just make sure Jedi is out of state when you show up at the hospital.
    You are right. Prep is the worst part. You are out for the procedure, and most the ride home, lol.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You are right. Prep is the worst part. You are out for the procedure, and most the ride home, lol.

Glad that I have never remembered anything from the procedure :)

This time I woke up in the recovery room and was wide awake & alert by the time the doctor showed up with my souvenir photos. Hungry by the time we got home. Almost stopped at a restaurant on the way home.

But by far the worst part is the prep the day (evening) before.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Glad that I have never remembered anything from the procedure :)

This time I woke up in the recovery room and was wide awake & alert by the time the doctor showed up with my souvenir photos. Hungry by the time we got home. Almost stopped at a restaurant on the way home.

But by far the worst part is the prep the day (evening) before.
    Agree. Pretty much write that day out. No food, nothing red, and then prep. Yep, one of the tests I'm happy I don't have to do but every 2 or 3 years. Stupid cancer.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    mmmmmmmmmmm rattle snake is pretty good actually...

from our prairie dog hunts in South Dakota of course...

oh I miss going out to South Dakota doggin..... Watching the stars while cooking up stuff on the open fire before you checked your sleeping bag for more snakes and jumped in for the night... Sometimes you would tune in one of the Indian radio stations and listen to the broadcast.... A lot of tom toms....

exploding dogs of course too...

dangit another place I'm thinking about returning too....

Soooooo that 110 round ATI 1022 drum seems to be a winner... Ran it 5 times now without any problems... might have to get another one before the Dems make them illegal too...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Do you have a bolt 22 yet?

Isn't your MP15-22 threaded?

I have a Savage single shot bolt. But I'd have to get the barrel threaded and do something about the front sight.

Yes, my M&P 15-22 is threaded, and that will be a suppressor host.
    But, I'd also like to add a 10/22. And I don't see threading the barrel on my 25 year old 10/22 that the scouts (and myself) have shot the **** out of. I hear the 10/22 suppresses a bit better than the 15-22.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ah... medical stuff.... thats for people who can afford that stuff...

Although I always say, I'm keeping the diabetes at bay but the heart attack is going to kill me...

carbless meals means your eating lots of meat for anyone that hasn't been paying attention...

Jedi, ringing in the ears ey.... ever have any reactions to NSAIDs or Ibuprofen or Naxproxin ? a common lasting effect is tinnitus or ringing of the ears.

sooooooo got some trigger time afterall today.... Warmed up the Tavor in a indoor range which means my tinnitus is worst tonight... lol....

Ah f... no... the stupid eye doc had me on some type of nsaid for a while for yhe red eye. It was not helping so afyer 2.5 weeks i stopped taking it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have a Savage single shot bolt. But I'd have to get the barrel threaded and do something about the front sight.

Yes, my M&P 15-22 is threaded, and that will be a suppressor host.
    But, I'd also like to add a 10/22. And I don't see threading the barrel on my 25 year old 10/22 that the scouts (and myself) have shot the **** out of. I hear the 10/22 suppresses a bit better than the 15-22.
    I don't know that mine has been on a 10/22. It is good on the 15-22, and freaking awesome on the Savage FVSR. That is the route I would suggest for a 22 host.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I don't know that mine has been on a 10/22. It is good on the 15-22, and freaking awesome on the Savage FVSR. That is the route I would suggest for a 22 host.
    It's been on a 10/22 many times. All as quiet too :D

5966626D-7D8F-40B3-9264-3E5F7FA79AAB_zpsrlxtdmfy.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Have you concidered getting the takedown 10/22 and buying the suppressor barrel made for it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom