d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got my summons for jury duty. What is business casual dress?

Couldnt tell you, but last few times i had jury duty i wore jeans/shorts and a t shirt. Thats my wardrobe, and im not buying new clothes for wasting my time and paying me jack s**t! No issues when i served

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Got my summons for jury duty. What is business casual dress?

Usually interpreted, for a male, as slacks and a collared LS shirt, no tie. Maybe a polo type shirt.

Or you could try aGreat Kilt. But they might not approve of the claymore, dirk a Skein dhu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    tell them you hate blacks, whites, hispanics, jews, asians, russians, canadians, ricans, chinese and everyone else as well. im sure you will be let go right away. :)

Doesn't always work. I was asked if i thought i could be impartial and i said no. They asked me why and i told them that you arent innocent until proven guilty, but rather guilty till you prove your innocence.....they still selected me:facepalm:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'll check back on Saturday night.

Sounds good. The way the weatherman are its likely to change tomorrow, so I'll be keeping an eye out on the forecast. Daughter is chomping at the bit to do a little long range shooting. Almost thought about calling her off school tomorrow and going, but they're supposed to finally get their stupid chromebooks tomorrow and i dont want her to miss out on learning how to use it, since its supposed to be what the majority of their schoolwork is done on now.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Jeans and a T shirt are what I wear also. Thanks.

I tried a case in South Bend several years ago and one of the jurors always wore jeans and a different classic motorcycle shirt every day. By day 3 of the 5 day trial I was casually leaving copies of “Cycle World” and “Motorcycle Classic” on my table where the jury could see them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I tried a case in South Bend several years ago and one of the jurors always wore jeans and a different classic motorcycle shirt every day. By day 3 of the 5 day trial I was casually leaving copies of “Cycle World” and “Motorcycle Classic” on my table where the jury could see them.

Any advantage you can get, right?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Pants other than jeans (khakis, dress pants). Collared shirt.

Curious as to why you say no jeans. Not everyone owns nice/dress pants. When it comes to long pants, jeans are all i own. Granted i didn't show up, for the 3 times i served on a jury, in crappy, full of wholes, covered in grease or paint jeans. But i certainly wasnt going out and buying new outfits to serve as a juror, losing money along the way.
    I believe 2 times i served were in the winter. Wore blue jeans and Blackhawks jerseys. 1 time in the summer i wore shorts and plain t shirts. Once again nothing all ragged and torn up, but certainly not dressy or "business casual" in what i imagine their meaning is. Guess it was buisness casual to me however.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I didn’t make the rules. Business casual means no jeans. Casual includes jeans. I see jurors with jeans all the time. I don’t care, but if the notice says business casual, that has a specific meaning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_casual

...and every adult male should own dress pants and a jacket to go with.

And why should every adult male own dress pants and a jacket? I really see no point in it myself. Dressing up "buisness casual" is not my thing. I wear jeans and my Sundays best Hawks jersey to funerals and weddings as well. Khakis and polos arent my thing. Never have been, never will. Guess i could always wear my uniform for work, as that would be buisness casual to me(that would be pants and a button up shirt) mechanic style. However i never use the buttons and 9 times out of 10 it smells like mineral spirits and transmission fluid. Come to think of it, my work uniform is pretty dressy for me.
    Im just giving you a hard time, but seriously im not buying new clothes to serve on a jury while losing $160 plus per day i serve....not happening

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sounds good. The way the weatherman are its likely to change tomorrow, so I'll be keeping an eye out on the forecast. Daughter is chomping at the bit to do a little long range shooting. Almost thought about calling her off school tomorrow and going, but they're supposed to finally get their stupid chromebooks tomorrow and i dont want her to miss out on learning how to use it, since its supposed to be what the majority of their schoolwork is done on now.

Would be nice to take the Marlin 88 I picked up last weekend in Wisconsin for a real spin and the savage 87a if it comes in Saturday. My pc carbine is looking to eat some more 9 as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom