44057273_974898186050736_4903038565220352000_n.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Here is some good info on new ac to keep you from bring rooked by a salesman. Caveat emptor.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    FWIW I've not taking any pain meds or muscle relaxers since last evening. Looks like there may be no long lasting injuries from getting rear ended at the stop light on Friday morning. Actually not feeling too bad. Fewer aches and pains than I expected, doctor gave me enough pain meds and muscle relaxers to keep me doped up for 2 full weeks. Barely took any of them. My right elbow is pretty sore, but the back pain is minimal. I think it hit the center console during the impact.

I guess I could hang out in Jedi's neighborhood and sell the extra pills on the street corner :pimp:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    FWIW I've not taking any pain meds or muscle relaxers since last evening. Looks like there may be no long lasting injuries from getting rear ended at the stop light on Friday morning. Actually not feeling too bad. Fewer aches and pains than I expected, doctor gave me enough pain meds and muscle relaxers to keep me doped up for 2 full weeks. Barely took any of them. My right elbow is pretty sore, but the back pain is minimal. I think it hit the center console during the impact.

I guess I could hang out in Jedi's neighborhood and sell the extra pills on the street corner :pimp:
    Maybe his raccoons will do the work for you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

And they wonder why we have a problem with opioid addiction is this country.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I guess I would have expected 5 to 7 days worth of meds based on what he told me to expect in terms of pain and the duration.
    Why did he prescribe either of them? Why not just tell you to take Tylenol and/or ibuprofen? Doctor's just seem to throw pills at everything these days. I've been given prescriptions for opioids a number of times when I didn't really need them by both doctors and dentists. People don't seem to want to have to experience any pain any more. It's easier to hide behind drugs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Why did he prescribe either of them? Why not just tell you to take Tylenol and/or ibuprofen? Doctor's just seem to throw pills at everything these days. I've been given prescriptions for opioids a number of times when I didn't really need them by both doctors and dentists. People don't seem to want to have to experience any pain any more. It's easier to hide behind drugs.

I'm guessing because I was in a good deal of pain on Friday. It was increasing as the day progressed. I was hit in the morning. Didn't get released by the doctor until 6pm and the discomfort was progressively getting worse.

They gave me Tramidol for pain. I have taken ZERO of those. I get them for my arthritis too. I know what they do and don't do. It is a very mild pain killer by prescription opiod standards.

I did take the muscle relaxers (not sure what it is, the bottle is upstairs and I'm too lazy to go look) but I have taken a couple of those. They work really well and I didn't see the need to double up on meds if I was already getting relief from only taking 1 of the drugs prescribed. They are both "as needed" drugs so why take more than needed? Despite my love of bourbon, I do not like getting "high" or "low" on any type of drug or booze.

My right arm hurts at the elbow. In fact it hurts pretty bad. I took 3 tylenol and put on a tennis elbow brace and the combination seems to have calmed the pain. Its still sore, but manageable with just those 2 things. I'll probably take another muscle relaxer later today/evening so the elbow pain doesn't interrupt my sleep any more than necessary.

welcome to the era of snowflakes.

I didn't say it out loud, but I agree with jedi :(

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Still holding out on flipping on the furnace.

1. Glad we didn't hold out b/c the first time we tried it (couple of weeks ago) one morning it didn't work and we had to have a service call.
    2. Our thermostat went crazy and dark and the furnace just kept running.
    3. It was an issue with the motherboard, but we got lucky, but it might happen again after setting unused for awhile like next fall.
    4. The system is only 13 yrs. old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom