Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All this time jedi has been asking for donations for his Death Star so he could solve all of our problems and now we find out it is only to relieve his stress.

I never even knew he was a Libertarian.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, my 2 year-old son is whatever cloud is far above Cloud 9. My FIL is on his retirement farming leg of his career. The wife took him out IA to harvest the crops, so it had to be now to share this experience with Grandpa. He got to ride in the combine and tractor for hours each day. The wife took photos and videos of the lil' farmer/commentator. They'll be home tomorrow, and the house has been quiet for 3 days. Kinda weird.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ssshhhh
    blue falcon no tank driver job for you!
    besides you would look horrible in that pink uniform. :)

jedi is suprised lone has yet to report about the power outages. looks like ec, hammond and gary have blackouts due to the high winds. its super windy outdoora so much that directv is lossing signal.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Earlier my digital antenna that hardly ever messes up was making the TV pixilate. Put in DVD's no problem.

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    That is a diesel.

Here is your Pink Death Star.
    zvmx2qsfv8lkwolep83k.jpg
    62c34a1a09d9bd9e1dfb591e1bc4198f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    ssshhhh
    blue falcon no tank driver job for you!
    besides you would look horrible in that pink uniform. :)

jedi is suprised lone has yet to report about the power outages. looks like ec, hammond and gary have blackouts due to the high winds. its super windy outdoora so much that directv is lossing signal.

Well, if the power was out, maybe people didn’t have internet, or were conserving their phone batteries?

We lost power ~3:00 pm (maybe 3:15?) and got it back @ 5:30 pm. Which was nice as it was getting kind of dark...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well, if the power was out, maybe people didn’t have internet, or were conserving their phone batteries?

We lost power ~3:00 pm (maybe 3:15?) and got it back @ 5:30 pm. Which was nice as it was getting kind of dark...

With the power out you would have missed the furnace running with the chilly weather. Lucky to have a gas fireplace if the power goes out.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    There was only isolated power outages in lake county that’s why I didn’t post them. Looks like Michigan City and LaPorte got hit by the winds pretty badly. They both had 1,000 plus power outages.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There was only isolated power outages in lake county that’s why I didn’t post them. Looks like Michigan City and LaPorte got hit by the winds pretty badly. They both had 1,000 plus power outages.

Not to be critical, Sir. I have often wondered why you do post that info. It seems to me that if someone's power is out they know it. On the other hand if someone's power is not out they know it.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    With the power out you would have missed the furnace running with the chilly weather. Lucky to have a gas fireplace if the power goes out.

We do, but the house is well insulated and doesn’t lose heat much. We were without power for about a week a few winters back due to an extensive ice storm and we were able to keep it at ~ 55 without trouble.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Not to be critical, Sir. I have often wondered why you do post that info. It seems to me that if someone's power is out they know it. On the other hand if someone's power is not out they know it.
    For me I would like to know so I could help my friends if they are in those areas. I delivered two generators and three propane heater out to people that were affected by that wind storm yesterday. Two of the five called me to see if I could help the other three I just stop by to see if they needed anything which they did. Also I post that info too so people that don’t know what’s going on may want to ovoid those area due to down power lines and major intersection lights being out. I hope that explains it and gets you thinking outside of the box and check on those that are effected in those areas.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    For me I would like to know so I could help my friends if they are in those areas. I delivered two generators and three propane heater out to people that were affected by that wind storm yesterday. Two of the five called me to see if I could help the other three I just stop by to see if they needed anything which they did. Also I post that info too so people that don’t know what’s going on may want to ovoid those area due to down power lines and major intersection lights being out. I hope that explains it and gets you thinking outside of the box and check on those that are effected in those areas.

That’s good of you! May not have been a huge thing yesterday, but I winter it can be a lifesaver. And everyone you help is one less that requires public services to help. At least short term.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    That’s good of you! May not have been a huge thing yesterday, but I winter it can be a lifesaver. And everyone you help is one less that requires public services to help. At least short term.

My hope is that those people see how easy it is to do it that next time they are prepared for it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Do you carry a winter survival kit in your vehicles? Last Monday I went up by Green Bay,WI for work and took my winter kit with me and didn't need it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Do you carry a winter survival kit in your vehicles? Last Monday I went up by Green Bay,WI for work and took my winter kit with me and didn't need it.
    Yes I do. I have a big duffel bag in each vehicle and also have one that I take to work with me that is a little more portable because I’m never in the same semi. When the truck shuts down in the middle of no where a big three wick candle in a coffee can will heat up the cab pretty quick. Also cheater chains have saved me a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom