• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I spent 17 years in the Ft Bragg Fayetteville area. It snowed 3" once and the ares shut down for three days. I went to the store the evening before it was forecast to hit and I could have been in Venezuela for the looks of it.

Yup, i was in jacksonville. We went surfing pre hurricane, then threw hurricane parties. But heaven forbid there was any snow. A light dusting equated to getting pulled over if you werent in a 4x4. One time there was 2 inches of snow. They encured a curfew. It was ridiculous.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And NJ arrested hurricane surfers a couple of years ago. I thought it was ridiculous, My sister that has never escapes the NJ brainwashing thought it was fine.

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    we got a gun class at cabelas coming this wed if you are interested. its $25 for a 2 hour class on the legality of gun use for defense use, when to shoot, what to say to the police, etc.

need to find the link to the class.
    who has it?

I wouldn't be able to attend this week's class, is it offered every month?

Before you answer, here are my Jedi requisite credentials:

Grew up between the East Side and Eeshaghetto, any farther north and I would drown or be Canadian, moved 10 miles south in the mid '90s, I'm still traumatized being south of Route 6 given the copious volume of fresh air.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :welcome: 2 :ingo: Amateur.

13 posts in a year and a half, we may have a runner here boys and girls!

What shiny thing did your magpie eye spy in the classies?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    or signed up, posted a time or two, got busy/ not sucked in. Rediscovered the site? There is a bit of shiny in the classies lately. I'm putting together my hitlist as we speak. I knocked one off yesterday.

Kurile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Spdwy
    What? You guys all just assume we're trying to inflate our post counts because we see something shiny?! It's quite uncouth to be spreading the truth out here you know...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What? You guys all just assume we're trying to inflate our post counts because we see something shiny?! It's quite uncouth to be spreading the truth out here you know...

Kurlie, You need to go to the classies and buy an Acme[SUP]®[/SUP] SarcasOmeter[SUP]®[/SUP]. We do, and expect you newer guysto, Police the site and keep it a community and not just a place that people come to make money reselling junk.

When someone has 13 posts in 1.5 years or 8 in 3 years we may make a joke. Purple is used to indicate sarcasm if you are worried that someone will take seriously and get offended.

If the sarcasm is so blatant that it could never be mistaken purple is usually not necessary.

There is the uncommon use of sarcasm where you just don't care if it offends the person, but that is only used with people that are generally offensive themselves.

Believe me there was no offense intended.

I am glad you are here and awaiting the wealth if wisdom you have to offer, really not being sarcastic.

Kurile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Spdwy
    Kurlie, You need to go to the classies and buy an Acme[SUP]®[/SUP] SarcasOmeter[SUP]®[/SUP]. We do, and expect you newer guysto, Police the site and keep it a community and not just a place that people come to make money reselling junk.

When someone has 13 posts in 1.5 years or 8 in 3 years we may make a joke. Purple is used to indicate sarcasm if you are worried that someone will take seriously and get offended.

If the sarcasm is so blatant that it could never be mistaken purple is usually not necessary.

There is the uncommon use of sarcasm where you just don't care if it offends the person, but that is only used with people that are generally offensive themselves.

Believe me there was no offense intended.

I am glad you are here and awaiting the wealth if wisdom you have to offer, really not being sarcastic.

Gotcha, was trying levity there. I'm not going to confirm/deny a shiny thing or two has caught my eye, but i'm also not one to be a "hit every thread til i reach 50 and vanish" type of guy either. My post above was mostly a way to seem deflective of that very statement, whilst also [STRIKE]confirming[/STRIKE] acknowledging it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The problem I have is when I see something I might be interested in it would cost me as much as i saved to drive to indy to get it.

I was not a runner, but when I joined it was my first experience with so much info on so many subjects and I would make Short comments in many threads.

It helps to read the rules. That is on my to do list.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    we got a gun class at cabelas coming this wed if you are interested. its $25 for a 2 hour class on the legality of gun use for defense use, when to shoot, what to say to the police, etc.

need to find the link to the class.
    who has it?

"Out of Stock"
    Class is full now.
    https://infinitysolutionsusa.com/indiana-self-defense-law/
    Not unless turnandshoot4 can work his magic.

1. Too bad: I would have came.
    2. If there is a cancellation vacating a spot, let me know, assuming it after work and not during the day.
    3. If I don't know until Wed. I won't get the pm until 4 pm.

Edit: I see the 6 pm time now.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I spent 17 years in the Ft Bragg Fayetteville area. It snowed 3" once and the ares shut down for three days. I went to the store the evening before it was forecast to hit and I could have been in Venezuela for the looks of it.
    Yerp, lived in Lumberton four 4 years. Just as you described when the white stuff was predicted.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I wouldn't be able to attend this week's class, is it offered every month?

Before you answer, here are my Jedi requisite credentials:

Grew up between the East Side and Eeshaghetto, any farther north and I would drown or be Canadian, moved 10 miles south in the mid '90s, I'm still traumatized being south of Route 6 given the copious volume of fresh air.

So still a thug and a gansta-wanna-be who lives north of US30.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom