Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    WARNING . . . WARNING . . . WARNING

Squeezing on a little fresh lime and adding some hot sauce will LIGHT YOUR MOUTH ON FIRE. These tacos are mildly spicy to start with and the hot sauce is pretty hot, but the acid in the fresh lime opens up the taste buds and pores in your mouth to intensify the heat.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
    Not for the weak. :D

Last edited:

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Its about time we start looking for our next home and want to get out of Dyer. My wife and I feel the crime from just across the boarder will be spilling over to our neighborhood within a few years. My wife and I are both sick if Chicago and Illinois and ultimately want to more into the country if our budget and commute to work allows. (I work on Gary, She works in Mokena, IL) assuming we keep both of our jobs, Where would you suggest us moving our young family to? We want a great place for the kids to grow up. We prefer rural acreage, but we probably can't afford that...

Were thinking Lowell or Chesterton... but we need some ideas and some pros and cons. I actually think Chesterton is too close to Gary and Lake Station and we would end up wishing were were "further away"...

What cha think?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Its about time we start looking for our next home and want to get out of Dyer. My wife and I feel the crime from just across the boarder will be spilling over to our neighborhood within a few years. My wife and I are both sick if Chicago and Illinois and ultimately want to more into the country if our budget and commute to work allows. (I work on Gary, She works in Mokena, IL) assuming we keep both of our jobs, Where would you suggest us moving our young family to? We want a great place for the kids to grow up. We prefer rural acreage, but we probably can't afford that...

Were thinking Lowell or Chesterton... but we need some ideas and some pros and cons. I actually think Chesterton is too close to Gary and Lake Station and we would end up wishing were were "further away"...

What cha think?

and what's wrong with Lake Station??:bat:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm outside of Lowell in West Creek and am pretty happy with my choice. Been living here 19 years, no plans to move.

The only bad thing is the school system. It is against school policy to "fail" in the middle school. . . get "F's" in every class you take in 6th grade and they promote you to 7th, do the same and you get moved up to 8th, do it again and you move up to High School. And from what I can tell Lowell High School is a freaking joke. There was actually a discussion among the English teachers early this week about giving "vocabulary" words as an assignment . . . one teacher did it and the others said that kids don't need to learn vocabulary anymore! WTF? Apparently they teach you how to read and don't care if you can understand what you read? They don't have you meet any minimum academic standards to get into Advance Placement classes, and there almost seems to be an inverse correlation between kids who get "A" grades in these A.P. classes yet fail the standardized national A.P. tests.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Interesting... I think we spoke about the administration at the high school once before... that's not going to work for us, my wife is a teacher and takes her job very seriously.

Private school is out of the question because we can't afford it.

What's the general opinion of St. John?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My wife is a teacher too. She loved Lowell when she got there. Then it took a turn for the worse about 5-6 years ago.

St John is generally more expensive per square foot of house, taxes are higher and you are stuck with Lake Central's school district. Elementary and Middle schools are good, High School is great if, and only if, your kids are the top 5% in the school. If not they can get lost in a huge high school.

I'm actually pretty impressed with Hanover.

Crown Point has good schools, but the high school is in the same size category as Lake Central.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    WARNING . . . WARNING . . . WARNING

Squeezing on a little fresh lime and adding some hot sauce will LIGHT YOUR MOUTH ON FIRE. These tacos are mildly spicy to start with and the hot sauce is pretty hot, but the acid in the fresh lime opens up the taste buds and pores in your mouth to intensify the heat.

I finally made it in. 2 tacos by themselves were worth one entire bottle of water. Hot sauce, no thanks.
    and what's wrong with Lake Station??:bat:

Did you REALLY want to ask that?

So I'm kinda considering trying to get into the national guard. Convince/dissuade me.

Ask me about the navy, we can talk.
    The Guard, no idea.
    Must be able to take orders.
    Can't quit.
    Freedom curtailed.
    Playing soldier at 18 is probably more fun than when older.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's gonna cost you if you want me to come get him out of your house. Sounds like he's a pain in the ass. More, actually.

Oh, he's brain damaged alright. That happened llllooooonnnngggg before we even met. :-D

Eh, I was kinda mad at the time. Now it's just funny. I would have never known, but he took a picture of the suds all over the kitchen floor and sent it to me. FYI, Dawn is NOT meant to be used in the dishwasher. :rofl:

I'll let you shoot black betty.
    Oh wait, already did.

I'll let you shoot the M&P.
    Oh wait, already did.

You mean I'd still owe you??????

Kev can't be to brain damaged. He found a girl that points boobs out.
    Most guys hafta find them themselves, then get smacked.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    You can always look into Crown Point/Center township or winfield. Pretty good schools, there are some areas with land, east commute to IL, cheaper taxes than st john. I wanted to move yo Chesterton buy got veto'd into CP...its not bad.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's two a.m.,
    the fear has gone
    I'm sittin' here waitin',
    the gun still warm
    Maybe my connection
    is tired of takin' chances
    Yeah there's a storm on the loose,
    sirens in my head
    I'm wrapped up in silence,
    all circuits are dead
    I cannot decode,
    my whole life spins into a frenzy

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It's two a.m.,
    the fear has gone
    I'm sittin' here waitin',
    the gun still warm
    Maybe my connection
    is tired of takin' chances
    Yeah there's a storm on the loose,
    sirens in my head
    I'm wrapped up in silence,
    all circuits are dead
    I cannot decode,
    my whole life spins into a frenzy

Apparently Larry got him a little sumpin sumpin last night.

Then he killed it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom