• Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    theres one coming to crown point too supposedly, I really had no idea there were that many people still reading actual paper books, so much has gone digital. like newspapers, that's still a thing isn't it?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    theres one coming to crown point too supposedly, I really had no idea there were that many people still reading actual paper books, so much has gone digital. like newspapers, that's still a thing isn't it?
    There are still a lot of people who prefer physical media over digital media (present company included). We have a few shops here that sell DVDs, CDs and the like. I was talking to one of the owners one day and he said he's never been in trouble of going out of business for over 18 years. If anything, he can't keep CDs and old consoles in stock right now.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Barnes and Noble is coming to Schererville where the beyond bath and bed was on 41. I miss Border's.
    The only other decent bookstore is B&N in Valpo.
    Whadya know, they are both north of 30 so only us hoodlums educate ourselves. :laugh6:
    I mean the people south of 30 have computers, plus we know how to use Amazon. Also I'm south of 30, and there is a Books A Million a few miles away. It is like Barnes and Noble, but without all the lgbtq+-?yxz agenda books, and has better coffee.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My problem with book stores……. I know exactly what I want….. and they normally don’t have it.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    There are still a lot of people who prefer physical media over digital media (present company included). We have a few shops here that sell DVDs, CDs and the like. I was talking to one of the owners one day and he said he's never been in trouble of going out of business for over 18 years. If anything, he can't keep CDs and old consoles in stock right now.
    Yeah, I want the paper copy. Nothing like the battery dying when your on the crapper reading. Ya
    can't always plan these things and have the thing charged up.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Book nerds are weird. They like smelling them.

No, I have never sniffed my spiders and if you're smelling anything from a radio you either started a fire or I suppose even though RF is a non-ionizing radiation, if you pump enough electricity into anything it will make ozone eventually. Burning gunpowder is pleasant in the short term, though.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    e-books and paper are both great. e-books are great for on the road away from home reading. Audio books are great for driving. I do 3,000 mile a month in my car and listening to books or old radio shows is great.

Books take you to places and situations you might never be in in real life. They can be a reference for learning and stimulate your mind.

Books are my favorite thing to buy the grandkids.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My near vision is so bad now that it is a chore to try to read a paper book. It's just hardly worth it any more. I bought an old Kindle Fire tablet from ShopGoodwill.com for $20 shipped, and it makes reading a lot easier because you can make the font larger.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Picked up the Ford AOD trans and 8.8 rear end from the 87 mustang at Pauls in Westville today. Gotta get in touch with d.kaufman in the future to rebuild and upgrade the AOD and pricing.

Otherwise have about 50% the stang paint stripped. Started removing the fender aprons and getting the seat brace out to cut out the floor pans and trunk panel. Neighbor up the street has a cherry picker and has done a fox body before so will hit him up when I get ready to pull the engine and trans.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Picked up the Ford AOD trans and 8.8 rear end from the 87 mustang at Pauls in Westville today. Gotta get in touch with d.kaufman in the future to rebuild and upgrade the AOD and pricing.

Otherwise have about 50% the stang paint stripped. Started removing the fender aprons and getting the seat brace out to cut out the floor pans and trunk panel. Neighbor up the street has a cherry picker and has done a fox body before so will hit him up when I get ready to pull the engine and trans.
    more pics :postpics:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Will work ya up a price tomorrow however depending on what you are going to do with the engine, cam specs will be needed to pick proper torque converter.

So will get ya a price on the trans overhaul and we can get a price on the torque converter depending on engine specs when you know that info. (I'm assuming you're gonna have the engine built up some)

Just an FYI, if you can come across a set of heads from a late 90s explorer that had the 5.0, grab them. They're good to go for up to 450 hp without any work needed

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Just an FYI, if you can come across a set of heads from a late 90s explorer that had the 5.0, grab them. They're good to go for up to 450 hp without any work needed

I had a '98 Explorer with the 5.0. Loved that engine. The whole drive train, actually. That might have been the last year for the 5.0. Had a lot of fun in the snow .... back when we used to get snow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom