• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the AUG 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It was great to see some new faces. Had a great time. Can't wait for the next one. I hope everybody enjoyed the bacon. I still smell like bacon I don't think I will ever shower. :) sadclownwp that 10-22 was great that gives me some ideas. Magic man thinks for letting me try out that 22lr 1911 clon.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would have to say the food is definitely getting better. In addition to regular hot dogs we had Cheddar-Brats, Apple & Chicken Sausages, Hamburgers and BACON for our dining pleasure. YUM

Clif provided the entertainment. Sadly that was not filmed.

Nice to see a lot of new faces, then again I've missed a couple of these in a row due to family travel so its my face that may have been new to some of the folks that I met yesterday.

A special shout out to Joe for his steady trigger finger and helping me sight in the laser rangefinding scope on the yellow 6.5 Grendel rifle. He got it dialed in quicker than I could have, with fewer shots.

IMG_1953.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $53.59 (jediagh)
    Expenses: -$36.75 (6 plywoods donated to range)
    Donations: $35 ($5 Joe; $20 lonehoosier; $10 Bill B)
    Post-Event Pot: $51.84

Thank you to our donors who have made it possible to give the range plywood each time we have been out. We have now donated 31 boards in 2011 (26 donated in 2010).

The plywood had the standard paper messages stapled to it & I did notice that at least one plywood on the 50 yard still had the message on it!

This plywood was donated by the Northwest Indiana social group of INGunOwners.com
    Visit us online for upcoming events, Indiana gun laws and to talk with other Indiana gun owners.

logo1.gif

Hopefully a more permanent solution (ie. spray painted logo/text) can be done for the future.

--FOOD UPDATE--
    A big round of thank you to all the food donors. We have a slew of stuff to munch on.

lonehoosier outdid himself. The last time he came he brought us 2 boxes of ho hos.

Playboy-Lingerie-playboy-4146752-1280-1024.jpg

hum.. I mean these! :D
    hoho.jpg

Well this time he out did himself. He brought 2 pounds of bacon!
    :bowdown: We had bacon burgers, bacon dogs, bacon brauts and bacon bacon! My folding tables are covered in bacon grease but I don't care! :rockwoot: Also thank you for the mini-donuts yummy yummy even if the bags got a bit soggy due to the rain.

Melensdad those apple brauts were yummy! And we finally used the cheese brauts that our Goshen member from last shoot brought. I did not get a chance to eat one. :( But herd they were good as well.

We did end up with extra food. 8 hamburger buns, 15 hot dog buns, burgers, hotdogs (regular), 2 packs of cookies [one will not last as it's a bakery fresh good item so my little ones are going to be on a sugar high for a day or two :rolleyes:] plus a 24 pack of water. Everything is in the freezer until the next one (minus the water).

Those that brought pop and water very much appreciated. I ended up with very little of the "sarcasm drink" when I got home wish is good!

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several first this time around. Magic Man, BurnSurvivor, DaveGrave, sadclownnp (minus his girls) ;)

--MY DAY--
    I had 4 new shooters today of the 4 my little cousin (10 years old) really, really enjoyed it. Sadly the rain cut the day short for my mom and my aunts. They took off right after it stopped raining. City girls! :rolleyes:

My kid cousin however had a blast with the 10/22, gunbunnies 10/22 with a huge scope, Bill B's mosin :laugh::laugh:, magic man's GSG, and my RUGER MK III. We had him shot the mosin from the laying down position and that gun (bigger than him length wise) push him back a few inches. He had a huge smile and said WOW! :D

Using gunbunnies 10/22 scoped rifle the kid was getting good shots on barney and the elf that were out there. Moved him up to closer for the handguns and he was still doing go. Not bad for a first time shooter. Wish I could send him to an appleseed but alas hes going back to Mexico soon. :(

BTW shameless plug here for those that DID NOT ATTEND

Appleseed August 13-14, @ Lake Village, IN (Private Range)
    2011 Lake Village, IN Appleseed Information

Other Guns
    Thanks Bill B for letting me put a few rounds via the Mosin. Always a fun gun to shoot.

Magic Man I hate you, hate you, hate you! That GSG 1911 is sweet and it does fit my holster so I can actually practice drills with it using .22 instead of .45. Now I have to have one! :)

GB always a pleasure shooting that lever action with the .38 special. It's just such a smooth gun and the lever action is just oh so cool. Never gets old.

BTW davegrave had this little puppy.
    523189.jpg

OMG it is the bomb for reloading .22 mags for the ruger MK III!
    You can get one here: McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader 22 Caliber Pistol Magazine Loader Polymer Clear - MidwayUSA

General items
    Well WD guess what? Weather.com was oh so wrong! It rains at 11ish and not 5PM and it was raining hard and we got some small hail as well. But guess what? We just moved under the covering and continued shooting!

I think is was DaveGrave that asked what happens if it rains. I think he saw 1st hand what happens. We :ar15:. :rockwoot:

--IN OTHER NEWS---
    images

AutineBellum & Bubba
    detonics_451
    LocusOfSteel

We missed you guys! :ar15:

--SPECIAL THANKS--
    To Kitty for lettings us borrow the easy pop-up canopy! It was a lifesaver for the killer sun and rain while we grilled.

Clif45/Joe for helping unload the plywood.

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. Be on the look out for the next MEET & SHOOT thread in a few days and the PMs for it. :D (Pics in next post BTW)

--OTHER ACTIONS--
    Don't forget the other events upcoming.

13-14 AUG 2011 Appleseed @ Lake Village, IN
    Link to register

SI-Kalashnikov Gunfighting Rochester, IN AUG 20-21-2011

24 SEP 2011 Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law @ Cabelas
    Link to register INGO Discount

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, & Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    http://tinyurl.com/3q5rrja

--LEFT BEHIND--
    I found an OLD NAVY purple metallic water bottle. Who left it behind? :dunno:.

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I told you not to diss Skilling! No matter ... rain will NEVER stop real gun people. The truest test will be if you are willing to lay on the ground in the rain/snow to shoot. I'm gathering from the comments that someone did lay down :rolleyes:... however, it doesn't sound like they were prone or doing any shooting.

Glad to hear everything went well. I swear I will make it back out there before the end of the year.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I told you not to diss Skilling! No matter ... rain will NEVER stop real gun people. The truest test will be if you are willing to lay on the ground in the rain/snow to shoot. I'm gathering from the comments that someone did lay down :rolleyes:... however, it doesn't sound like they were prone or doing any shooting.

Glad to hear everything went well. I swear I will make it back out there before the end of the year.

Clif was trying to show everyone a tactical slide so I don't get my feet wet move. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom