• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the AUG 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also burnsurvivor took pics with his camera as well. Still waiting on those.

& grovatron made it late to the party he had forgot the shoot was yesterday.
    He got there after it had stopped raining and he was also minus his little red wagon.
    But the biggest offense was not bring the girl..
    500x_tron-girl.jpg
    and where NON-INGO T-Shirt. Ohhh you can take the guy out of the gettho but not the gettho out of the guy i guess.
    ROFL!

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    For everyones pleasure, I will bring a change of clothes the next time it rains and will run a few mags through whatever in the rain puddle, so everyone can see me. But no more sliding. that wasnt cool. it was painful. my thumb hates me. I dont mind getting wet, but I didn't want to get my shoes wet. they are my only nice pair of shoes that aren't desert tan and 8" tall. So much for that thought.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    For everyones pleasure, I will bring a change of clothes the next time it rains and will run a few mags through whatever in the rain puddle, so everyone can see me. But no more sliding. that wasnt cool. it was painful. my thumb hates me. I dont mind getting wet, but I didn't want to get my shoes wet. they are my only nice pair of shoes that aren't desert tan and 8" tall. So much for that thought.

Oh, you'll fall again. Or we'll push you down. :rockwoot:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I don't even like AR's and after firing Groovatrons, I'm thinking about buying/making one. Been looking at them all day.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I'm already thinking about my next one and I haven't even built my first yet.:facepalm:

That'll happen.....I built a couple my first go around:D

I don't even like AR's and after firing Groovatrons, I'm thinking about buying/making one. Been looking at them all day.

I here ya......I was pretty "meh" until I started toying around......then I got the sickness........just do yourself a favor and don't get into long range precision shooting:) That's the direction I'm heading now but the other stuff doesn't slow down and my wallets getting shallow lol...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I here ya......I was pretty "meh" until I started toying around......then I got the sickness........just do yourself a favor and don't get into long range precision shooting:) That's the direction I'm heading now but the other stuff doesn't slow down and my wallets getting shallow lol...

I got a good Savage Rifle for my long range stuff, nothing like taking a coyote out at 250+ yards.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I got a good Savage Rifle for my long range stuff, nothing like taking a coyote out at 250+ yards.

Get an AR15 chambered in 6.5 Grendel and you'll consider 250 yards a short range shot. One of my AR15s chambered in 6.5 Grendel is giving me better than 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. At one of the group shoots last year we had several people shoot it with an average 3 shot group spread of about an inch on the 200 yard line.

Build your AR15 for accuracy and it will be as good as, if not better than, a bolt action rifle.
    P1000082.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I had a great time out there with you guys and young lady's... The only complaint I had was whomever brought all the rain... Raining cats and dogs side ways and temperature dropping wasn't really all that fun... but as said before we just took what we got and kept on shooting...

Another awesome range day... with a great group of people...

You guy's going on about bolt versus AR and all... Their both wonderful shooting systems and quite capable of accuracy... From my experiences out in the Rose Bud, South Dakota... I really liked the performance of both systems whacking prairie dogs, but when we were out there shooting at them little critters out at around 600 to 700 yards with a 223 the Ruger M77 VT I have was just more consistent than the AR platform was... Just my .02 cents worth to your dialoge...

To each his own...

Oh it was a pleasure to meet up with Groovatron finally, even if he showed up late for all the fun weather and seemed to run around with the sun shining over him all the time he was out there LOL...

Good show Jedi... Looking forward to the next one...

GB

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    What, no pics of the Clif45 commemorative divots? (Notice the plural!)
    :D i MAY have some
    Any more AARs? Today is the last day to post them before the tread gets locked (due to past event status) Any more pics?
    i had a great time guys! it WORE me out though! i went home and took a 4 hour nap, it was too much too soon but WORTH IT! hopefully next time i can actually shoot! Dad had fun too! ive got some pictures uploading. i couldnt get in the "groove". by the time i got the camera i was feeling a little tough. i can do better :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom